Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Heater Tap Hose Connection's

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
Ok heater tap is leaking and on the way out and I have the single straight through set-up.

Now I had no choice but to purchase the 4 connection set-up as the Holden dealership said that's all that was listed for the VR/VS.

My problem is what hose connections go were apart from 2 to heater core and 2 to engine.

I need to know exactly they right position's.

I diagram would go along way etc.

It's a V6 with ABS

Last edited:

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Not sure if this is of any help but on Ebay I've seen heater taps with 2 and 4 connectors for Holdens. Try a search on Ebay (unless you've already bought one).

VSHeaven

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S2
stupid question............is it a v8? I can check into this more for you tomorrow.

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
Not sure if this is of any help but on Ebay I've seen heater taps with 2 and 4 connectors for Holdens. Try a search on Ebay (unless you've already bought one).

Yes already brought prefer not buying car oarts off ebay and keeping to genuine holden if I can.

stupid question............is it a v8? I can check into this more for you tomorrow.

It's a V6 with ABS

VSHeaven

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S2
The correct tap for a VR V6 is 92034915 and available from any Holden dealer. In fact, there are hundreds of them out there so tell your dealer to go check that number. Straight plastic tap with a metal vacuum unit on the side of it. Around 35-40 bucks.

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
The correct tap for a VR V6 is 92034915 and available from any Holden dealer. In fact, there are hundreds of them out there so tell your dealer to go check that number. Straight plastic tap with a metal vacuum unit on the side of it. Around 35-40 bucks.

Thanks for the part number but the tap is already brought and this tap is also used on the V6's I was told the straight tap is meant for the v8's but he has had people wanting to use only the straight tap and it might have something to do with gas conversions.

All I want to know now is how to properly hook up this 4 pipe tap.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Here are 2 pix of the heater tap on my VS.....hope it helps. Top hose on tap goes to top (highest) hose on head, next down is other head hose. Same order for the ones going to the heater...top to top, lower to lower.

Attachments

• heater2.jpg
    heater2.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 8,355
  • heater tap.jpg
    heater tap.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 12,840
Last edited:

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
Here are 2 pix of the heater tap on my VS.....hope it helps. Top hose on tap goes to top (highest) hose on head, next down is other head hose. Same order for the ones going to the heater...top to top, lower to lower.

Thanks for the images but I can not see which hose goes where on the engine or heater core this would help allot.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
The uppermost hose goes to the uppermost connection on the head, 2nd hose goes to the lower connection on head .
The third hose down goes to the topmost heater connection and the bottom hose goes to the bottom connection.
I've taken some more pix which 'may' help....remember mine is a VS.
Good Luck.

Attachments

• heatbulkhead..jpg
    heatbulkhead..jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 3,000
  • hoseintohead..jpg
    hoseintohead..jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 2,047
  • otherheadview..jpg
    otherheadview..jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 2,191
  • taplocation..jpg
    taplocation..jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 9,773

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
The uppermost hose goes to the uppermost connection on the head, 2nd hose goes to the lower connection on head .
The third hose down goes to the topmost heater connection and the bottom hose goes to the bottom connection.
I've taken some more pix which 'may' help....remember mine is a VS.
Good Luck.

Thanks mate that is much more clear for me now and I will be taking all the part's back to the dealership this set up is not for my VR but for VS I don't have 2 pipes coming from the water pump like yours only 1 the other engine connection is at the rear of the intake manifold.