Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vp Calais Dash/wiring Torque Convertor Qn.

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
Hey there.

I am a new member, but a bit of a veteran on VNCOMMODORE.COM.

I have a question that someone here might be able to help me with.

I have a VPII Calais and it as the three-window display (trip comp).

What i want to know is, I have blown some of the circurty in the dash and therefore it always 'fails' when i try to use it.

I know you can disconnect the trip-comp by unplugging the connection to the Computer/MEMCAL under the fusebox/glovebox on the driver's side.

What i want to know is, with this disconeccted, will my car still lock the torque convertor?

This is important because if it doesn't it might burn it out eventually right? The transmission that is.

Thanks if you can offer advice, I am trying to chase up a VP calais dash (V6) and they are hard to come by so ive included a photo if anyone knows where i can get one please let me know!

Cheers, Paul.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
you will find that if you disconect it, it shouldnt realy affect anything except how the trip computer works, you pull the pin on that, that's all that will be affected, it wont affect your transmistion at all

hope this works

cheers
garth

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VPII Calais
Thanks Garth, i appreciate your reply.
I was just worried because there's a wire that connects from the trip computer wiring to the auto-trans wiring and i thought it might be the lockup solenoid

Cheers mate.