Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn Interior Lights

rebel

Reaction score
Hey there,
Just a quick query in regards to the interior light of my car, the problem has existed since i bought the car in feb 2002, but i havent really bothered about the problem as it is only a minor issue, but i thought since i was here, i may aswell ask.

When I insert a new globe into the interior light (the one on the roof) it will last about 24 hours then blow, when i remove the globe, i try and look for it being burnt out or the centre snapped, but nothing, it still looks fine, but can no longer be used. I have checked the fuses under the steering column and all are fine and at the right amps.

Does anyone have any idea, would it be that the wiring harness is faulty, also a similar thing happens with the brake lights, but they last about 3 weeks or so- i figured that may be because of the standard vn fault with the tail lights shrinking.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
The tail-light fault is common but it's from them leaking

The interior light fault sounds like a short maybe, hmm leave that one to Garth I think. He'll have an answer for you.

Goodluck with it

Jake.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
i had a problem with the roof light, the clips are very stiff and in pushing the globe in, its easy to break the metal contacts off from the glass/filament section. you may not notice you've done it.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
ill show you 2morrow what is wrong, you will laugh