Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL engine electrical

Dundee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VL Calais wagon
Hi all,

Chasing a wiring diagram for VL V8 engine and ignition wiring diagrams please? It's a Calais wagon.

Engine was going fine, I pulled the dash apart to fix the plastics. Now on reassembly I have all power, engine cranks, but will not fire or start. I have positive on the heavier pink wire at the coil positive. Also there is an old school immobiliser up under the dash, bit sus on that, so looking for the wiring diagram to diagnose it.

There is an old link from 2008 on this forum that is broken.

Cheers

Dundee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VL Calais wagon
Just discovered I can run a jump cable from the coil + to the distributor pink (HEI has pink and green, with the green going to coil negative), and it fires straight up.

So looking for where the distibutor pink goes back into the main loom.

Many thanks

Dundee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VL Calais wagon
Hi all

As amazed as I am that no-one on here has a circuit diagram for a VL, or at least wanted to share.. I found the issue with some help on a Facebook group.

The immobiliser that is above the glove box had an old key that had long since corroded. When I pulled my dash to bit I must have bumped it and that piece of the loom fell out of it's plug. The plug had already been bridged. Plugged this back in and no problem.

So the pink from the distributor goes back through the engine loom to the dash loom, up to the immobiliser, through the old key for the immobiliser, then back to the distributor. Therefore immobilising the distributor.

Attachments

• Loom.jpg
    Loom.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 25
  • switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 20