Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vindication

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
New Support Policy

As a part of the change in operations the following rules will come into play, also effective from Monday March 24th.

- All Service tickets should be logged via <email address removed>
- If you can not login or access e-mail, then you should call Ext: <removed> to have a Service Ticket created
- If you "Walk Up" to IT, your problem details will be noted and your request will be placed in the Support Queue. The issue will then be dealt with
when it makes it to the top of the queue. IT will NOT immediately follow you to your desk and fix the issue if there are other issues ahead of you in the queue.

Exception
- If you are conducting a multi-party conference or meeting and require help with the Audio Visual setup (such as Case Conferences), IT will respond to you as quickly as possible and as a priority.

It is unfortunate that we have had to put this measure in place, but the volume of support requests received and the expectation that IT will drop everything and immediately work on an issue because you have walked up to the desk is just not sustainable.

This is what happens when IT respond immediately, and why a good help desk does NOT respond immediately - it's because somebody else got in first and IT are ensuring they keep on top of things rather than sticking numerous fingers in multiple pies.

And yes, this is vindication for me :).

HyperThinker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
I remember growing up and everyone I knew asking me to fix their computer. If I asked them to "lay me some bricks" or "plumb my house" they would of told me to bugger off!

Working on computers is not work see :D.