Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH SLE - Driver's Window Adjustment

kimaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore SLE
I have a small gap of a bout 8mm at the top right hand side of my drivers window, which goes down to nothing about 3 inches down the window, and its really frustrating every time i clean the car water gets in!

Just wondering if anyone knows how to adjust the window? It has to be adjusted clockwise just slightly, but I've taken the inside trim off and had a look inside the door, and I am unsure of what needs to be adjusted?

Ill upload a photo from in the service manual below:

Any help would be much appreciated!

photo.jpg

VR=355

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore 355ci
Using the diagram as a description, if it is on the same side that shows the rear guide channel it can be adjusted by moving the pivot plate, generally rear bolt down and front bolt up. If that is fully adjusted and it is still not closing tight it may be a collapsed roller or bent arm on the regulator mechanism. It could also be bailey channel is worn where it goes past the mirror, it has a foam packing behind it to aid the window closing square through this section (pushes the window rear wards). Am in the process of renewing all the bailey on my VH wagon, have both fronts done and they now work really well, all the above was a problem on them.

dags061

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Vacationer 253, VH SL 185 pack 253
I have changed all the glass in my doors and as vr 355 says the pivot plate is adjustable.Pull off the door trim and have a fiddle.Back doors are harder so lucky you.As said check bailey channel.

kimaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore SLE
cheers!
hopefully i'll get a chance to have a go this weekend!

kimaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore SLE
Ok having trouble still!
The pivot plate is at maximum adjustment,
I replaced the bailey channel,

Still no luck!

Next i'm gonna replace the rollers, does anyone know where to get new window rollers?
Any advice would be much appreciated

VR=355

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore 355ci
It may be hard to notice but one of the arms may be slightly bent (the passenger side on mine had a bent one and would not close correctly, one good hit with a hammer got it straight and working)
Also check the foam tape packing that is behind the bailey where it runs past the mirrors is still there, it may need adding to, this aids the window closing square when winding it up.
Have sent you a PM.

kimaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore SLE
Cheers mate, ill try adding some more tape on there

kimaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore SLE
Yeah a buggered roller will cause it. I just replaced the whole regulator.

do you have to replace the whole thing or can you buy the rollers seperately?

kimaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore SLE
Ok had a crack at fixing the window problem again today, tried packing in various spots with foam tape, but still didnt get it to 100%.
Also I forgot to mention, the drivers window wont close down properly, if you see in the photo below, the glass still sits up from the bottom of the sil. I had a look inside the bottom of the door and the bottom of the pivot plate hits hard down on the bottom of the door (well there is a lower section right in the back part but even if the window could get down in there, the glass wouldnt line up properly with the bailey channels..

My first thought was this could either be a different window (off a vl or something else) or the wrong regulator? My passenger window shuts down perfectly, all the glass codes are the same so I think the glass isn't the problem.. so I'm out of ideas?

Could it be a regulator thats for a vl or something else which is causing both of these problems? Im considering just buying a brand new regulator to see what happens.. not having much luck!

9-1.jpg

Here you see the lowest poing the window closes to:

8-1.jpg

I still have about 2mm of daylight between the bailey channel and the glass at the top of drivers door

7-1.jpg

From the inside, difficult to see

5-1.jpg

All of my windows have this code, exept the small one in the rear doors

1-1.jpg

View of the bottom of the pivot plate hitting the bottom of the door

2-1.jpg

Here i have pushed the window into the lower pocket section at the back of the door, but glass doesnt line up with bailey channels

6-1.jpg

You can see the lower section at the back of the door, Is the glass supposed to go right in there?

4-1.jpg

Im also wanting to replace the rubber on the bottom of the window, anyone know where i can buy replacement from, and how to get it off without damaging the chrome?