Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH SL/E 5L Indigo over Mercury project "SLE382"

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Awesome build mate keep us informed. I love these old girls. Wish I still had my VC SLE 336.
My brother has got a 5lt out of a VK 134 if you know anyone who is interested. I think they only had Brock inlet manifold, not too sure.

RACE5L

Solid cammed
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 355
Damn, the wheels turn slow with a family and home improvements lol. All i've done since last post is build a new room and build a fence :( Car wise, I bought some VL heads and sent them off to Westend Performance for a freshen up. I just couldn't bring myself to put hardened seats in a set of B-Cast heads. Pics will come soon

RACE5L

Solid cammed
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 355
Not much done of late due to house renos, but the stock pile of parts are lining up for a good weekend to fully redo underneath the car. I sent anything that was black, underneath the car and in the engine bay off to Narellan Powdercoating including the diff. It was all done in gloss black and come back looking sharp. The diff was rebuilt to the original spec besides 3.08:1 gears.

14mvyd.jpg

e9emb7.jpg

Bought some 16x8inch V5's and split them for powdercoating. Only pain was that the little colour chip that looked gunmetal grey in the office ended up having an army green tinge to it:

6td2ko.jpg

Also polished up one of the two sets of SLE rim's

msigp.jpg

Got Westend Performance to tickle up a set of VL heads for me to better spec than the B cast and flogged the B cast ones off. The motor should be assembled shortly and painted in 2pac "GMH new engine blue"