Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf2 SS's, who's still got their's from new?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I've got a late 2017 build Motorsport Edition Auto which got caught up in the rocker recall that amoung other issues caused some delay to delivery.

It's rarely driven, and only on sunny days, so it's covered around 8k kms in the years since i bought it new :oops:

About the only thing I should have got is the spoiler option as it didn't come with the proper factory fitted big wing. And the lack of map updates will be a sore point until I update MyLink. Otherwise I love driving it... except in cities where the thick a-pillar has be looking like a bobble doll behind the wheel :oops: in those cases it's a love/hate :p:p:p

With such low kms, I guess I fail @VS 5.0 's intended use criteria :p:p:p

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I've got a late 2017 build Motorsport Edition Auto which got caught up in the rocker recall that amoung other issues caused some delay to delivery.

It's rarely driven, and only on sunny days, so it's covered around 8k kms in the years since i bought it new :oops:

About the only thing I should have got is the spoiler option as it didn't come with the proper factory fitted big wing. And the lack of map updates will be a sore point until I update MyLink. Otherwise I love driving it... except in cities where the thick a-pillar has be looking like a bobble doll behind the wheel :oops: in those cases it's a love/hate :p:p:p

With such low kms, I guess I fail @VS 5.0 's intended use criteria :p:p:p
I saw a mint Motorsport Edition over Easter, red with the rear spoiler driven by a bloke who looked in his 50's with his arm the regulation 4" out the window taking it for spin. It was definitely a weekend car, standout immaculate and I thought good on him, bloody legend who no doubt loves his iconic Holden. It was a manual and he gave it a squirt entering the freeway on ramp!

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I have mine. 122k kms. First year wasn't driven much as I had my Calais V still during 2017. My ca was 2nd day back at work in January 2017. One of the first Aussie MY17 vehicles. I still love it.
I should add I have my Director from new and also caught up in the rocker recall - actually a rocker failed on my drive home from the dealer. Long story but car still drives well. Not as many km's as the SS yet...

Nando.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF ssv redline.
Just curious about who's held onto their vf2 ss since buying new 7-8yrs ago?

I've still got my May (I think) 2017 built redline ute with just under 17,000kms.

Just started driving it again after being parked up for 12-18 months, toyed with the idea of selling it while the market is good but my mind goes back to keeping it as soon as I start and drive that manual 6.2.
Mine is a 2014 Redline with just 90.000 km.
I can not part with it as there is nothing like it.
PS: I purchased it in December.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
There is this....

vaWDF5n.jpeg

.....for a lazy $180k.
My thoughts on performance & nasal-appearance are violently fighting against each other!

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Otherwise I love driving it... except in cities where the thick a-pillar has be looking like a bobble doll behind the wheel :oops: in those cases it's a love/hate :p:p:p
You'll get used to the A pillar the more you use it! :cool:
I took the Magnum back for the rocker recall a week after delivery.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Redline457

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF1 6.6 Litre Stroker SSVR A6
Mine is a 2014 Redline with just 90.000 km.
I can not part with it as there is nothing like it.
PS: I purchased it in December.
Mines a MY15 redline and have had it since new , 97,000ks and only 20,000 on the engine since i had it “built” and im keeping it forever, irreplaceable in my book and such a pleasure to drive, unfortunately i had to sell my VF2 manual redline in February i had in storage only had 5,500ks on it