Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF/VE SS LS3 Max Fuel Usage?

SOVEREIN1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS S2 Black Edition
Hey All

I know Fuel usage questions are everywhere... but i would like to know how often you guys with an LS3 are fueling up and what fuel you are using?

Just trying to budget for worst case scenario and best case scenario.

Yes im a lead foot probs like all of you... at the moment im budgeting for 20L/100km... should it be higher?

Cheers

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
We've only got an L77, but given that our usage is all local & short trips, I doubt we'd use any more fuel with an LS3 car.
And we use around the 16L/100km mark.
So I don't think 20L/100km is underestimating.

I don't know how to factor in the leadfoot thing, neither of us are. But the way we use the car for most of it's mileage, there really isn't an opportunity & hence desire to be mashing the go-pedal all the time ... if you were driving in a way where you were wanting to mash the go pedal all the time I think your average speeds would be higher which would in turn help fuel economy as much as your leadfootedness would hinder it.

If your worst case is on a track-day, mind you, then budget for more like 50L/100km ... :)

SOVEREIN1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS S2 Black Edition
We've only got an L77, but given that our usage is all local & short trips, I doubt we'd use any more fuel with an LS3 car.
And we use around the 16L/100km mark.
So I don't think 20L/100km is underestimating.

I don't know how to factor in the leadfoot thing, neither of us are. But the way we use the car for most of it's mileage, there really isn't an opportunity & hence desire to be mashing the go-pedal all the time ... if you were driving in a way where you were wanting to mash the go pedal all the time I think your average speeds would be higher which would in turn help fuel economy as much as your leadfootedness would hinder it.

If your worst case is on a track-day, mind you, then budget for more like 50L/100km ... :)
Yeah ok cool... so at 16L/100km, how often are you fueling up do you think Forg?

I know on my travels to work and back there will be no chance to be stepping on the peddle at all but the stop/go traffic conditions will be in full effect so not gonna be gentle on fuel consumption!

Also expecting 30L/40L per 100km if on a car cruise on the odd occasion lol

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
30min commuting in Melbs ~16 l/km
100% Highway - 10-11 l/km
"spirited" driving - 14 l/km. Tracking it would make it skyrocket, but even caning it the off throttle and other parts bring the average down

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hey All

I know Fuel usage questions are everywhere... but i would like to know how often you guys with an LS3 are fueling up and what fuel you are using?

Just trying to budget for worst case scenario and best case scenario.

Yes im a lead foot probs like all of you... at the moment im budgeting for 20L/100km... should it be higher?

Cheers

Using 20/100 in an LS3 would result in many replacement rear tires, and probably a loss of license...

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
When standard about 16L in the city, now it’s cammed and about 20L per hundred.

About 10L if all freeway driving.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Yeah ok cool... so at 16L/100km, how often are you fueling up do you think Forg?
About once a month, but it's 98. I suspect the same for 95, just 98 is "better". 91 we'd probably have to fill up slightly more often.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I top up every 6 weeks or so whether it needs it or not.

I don't have a lead foot, nor do I wear shoes, I'm a cautious bare foot driver who drives to the local shops and back most days.