Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf sv6 exuast

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
SV6s sound crap not because it's a 6 but it's a V6. Go listen to a 350z or any other v6 sports car... not great.
Inline 6s on the other hand (barra, BMW) sound great.
Still prefer v8.

This comment is purely focusing on the sound and not performance.
Well that's not entirely true, Italian V6's sound great but I'm like you, V8 for sound all the way

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Well that's not entirely true, Italian V6's sound great but I'm like you, V8 for sound all the way
Im only recently into cars.
What are some examples

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
Im only recently into cars.
What are some examples

My old Alfa spider 3.0 v6 with remus system sounded OK.
The car was a piece of ****, but it sounded not bad.

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
If you can't make a $700000 V6 sound good, no amount of muffler deletes, straight pipes, resonators, hotdogs, X-Force's and voodoo magic is going to make a Holden/Ford (Or any) V6 sound good compared to a V8.
That is not entirely true - there are quite a lot of V6's which sound great.

But you are right, the LFX isn't one of them.

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon V6
Before I get the comments of Ls swap it and no v6 will ever sound good. I am well aware however due to license restrictions I can’t get a v8. At the moment I’m looking to change up the exaust of my vf sv6 series 2 I was originally looking at a full cat back but I have heard about the drone that it will bring. Instead I was thinking hot dog tail pipes with a resonator. If I do this should I replace any other parts of the exaust without making it obnoxiously loud such a replacing the centre muffler with a resonator earlier to reduce drone in the cabin?
As you are in Sydney, I'd suggest giving Chris a call at Best Mufflers. When I had my VF SSV, he put the below Berklee mufflers on my car. We spoke about the V6's, and he said they give them a great note as well. He knows his stuff, so I'm sure he will come up with a solution if you don't like the Berklee's.

https://bestmufflers.com/bshop/inde...ts-rear-mufflers-bs9530pd-&controller=product

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
My old VY S pac had 1/8 headers, cat delete (I know I know), straight through 2.5" with hotdogs in the rear. I think that sounded mighty fine, a very tough sound for a V6. Went through 7 different exhausts trying to find one that suits the mods well while sounding nice. Cops loved it, silly buggers use to get me to pop the hood to make sure there was no forced induction and only 6 not 8 cylinders, still didn't sound like an 8 though.

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
My old VY S pac had 1/8 headers, cat delete (I know I know), straight through 2.5" with hotdogs in the rear. I think that sounded mighty fine, a very tough sound for a V6. Went through 7 different exhausts trying to find one that suits the mods well while sounding nice. Cops loved it, silly buggers use to get me to pop the hood to make sure there was no forced induction and only 6 not 8 cylinders, still didn't sound like an 8 though.
Why couldn't you have FI? On P plates?

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
no amount of muffler deletes, straight pipes, resonators, hotdogs, X-Force's and voodoo magic is going to make a Holden/Ford (Or any) V6 sound good compared to a V8.
If you swap header pipes 3 & 4 on an inline 6 with a dual exhaust or 5 & 6 on a V6, it'll sound like a V8 enough to fool most!

Last edited: