Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF s2 rear spoiler change ?

ZX14RVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SS
I did search but many of the same threads were old, so hoping someone has done the swap..

Thinking of replacing boot lid lip spoiler with a R8 or GTS type spoiler colour matched to car.

I’ve read various issues - mounting holes in middle of existing will not be covered, swap the boot, swap the struts, it’s more hassle than it’s worth, etc.

Has anyone personally completed it ? I’d have thought it to be a more common modification - So maybe it is just too painful?

TIA

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I did search but many of the same threads were old, so hoping someone has done the swap..

Thinking of replacing boot lid lip spoiler with a R8 or GTS type spoiler colour matched to car.

I’ve read various issues - mounting holes in middle of existing will not be covered, swap the boot, swap the struts, it’s more hassle than it’s worth, etc.

Has anyone personally completed it ? I’d have thought it to be a more common modification - So maybe it is just too painful?

TIA
An R8 spoiler will cover all holes.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I think there’s a superflo and hyperflo- I’m wanting to try and fit the 2 piece like this one ;
https://www.originalpartsgroup.com.au/genuine-hsv-vf-genf-genf2-superflow-spoiler-for-gt
I don' think the GTS spoiler covers the holes, it's the Hyperflo R8 that does like this one.

20190624_085517.jpg

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
The one you linked won't work, as there will be holes all along the boot.

The Hyperflow one linked by RevNev will cover everything, but be prepared to be absolutely bent over price wise if you want a new OEM one. MrBodyKits make one in that style that will over all bolt holes (But who knows about their fitment and quality)

You will need new struts and springs, due to the extra weight of the spoiler on top

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars