Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

lutch

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VX Berlina Wagon
Dragged it home with help of a friend, we dug out the lil OBD scanner, 2 error codes: P-023F, P-069E. Fuel Pump Secondary Open, and Please turn on the dash fault light.....

Anyone else care to offer any thoughts?

I have the same fault but can't find the cause. It only does it when engine is hot. I did read some where that this occured on a VE and when the removed the pump/fuel tank they found wiring damaged and burnt near connector.

Will be taking mine in to get looked at soon.
Did you find a solution?

Red Centre Bluey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice WN, Caprice VR
I have the same fault but can't find the cause. It only does it when engine is hot. I did read some where that this occured on a VE and when the removed the pump/fuel tank they found wiring damaged and burnt near connector.

Will be taking mine in to get looked at soon.
Did you find a solution?

The only solution that was found was that the fuel pump itself was allegedly kaput. funny that the first replacement lasted a whole 4 days.
I don't see why your problem would be a hot-engine-only event, because the story goes that the Secondary Open description relates to a fault within the pump unit itself.

Interestingly, the second failure event only reported the same 2 P-023F and P-069E codes, and no other codes, even though the workshop bunnies had managed to crush and allegedly fail a wiring harness, trapping it in the wrong place when reinstalling the tank after the first event

lutch

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VX Berlina Wagon
The only solution that was found was that the fuel pump itself was allegedly kaput. funny that the first replacement lasted a whole 4 days.
I don't see why your problem would be a hot-engine-only event, because the story goes that the Secondary Open description relates to a fault within the pump unit itself.

Interestingly, the second failure event only reported the same 2 P-023F and P-069E codes, and no other codes, even though the workshop bunnies had managed to crush and allegedly fail a wiring harness, trapping it in the wrong place when reinstalling the tank after the first event

lutch

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VX Berlina Wagon
Thanks I'll let you know how I get on. It happend last month once. This week four times now. The engine cranks but no fuel and you can smell the lean mixture. Leave it sit for 10mins try and start again it might splutter and nearly start. Then back to just turning over and not starting. It just gives the same 2 codes everytime and check engine light comes on. My car is a wagon so I hope the tank removal is not a pain in the butt.

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Been back from holidays for 4.5 weeks and started up our SV6 (Series 1) for the first time. Had a lot of strange noises and the car was shaking quite severely for 5 mins as I left it there. Lights were flickering. Anyway after warming it up and pressing the accelerator a few times, we had two warnings appear:

* Malfunction indicator lamp: permanently on.
* Traction Control off (playing with the switch doesn't work)

So after a few restarts the lights stayed on but the shaking stopped thankfully. Took it out for a 10 mins drive then the traction control light worked properly again. But Malfunction indicator remained on. Checked the handbook and it says an emission control system malfunction has occurred. The car was fuel-smelly initially (I expect it so, engine's been off for over 4 weeks and the car was shaking quite a lot on startup) and now after an hour of driving around everything seems normal with the car and I can't fault its driving. But the malfunction indicator remains on.

Gotta go for a 4 hour drive tomorrow to Harden but does anyone think this will flare up into other problems without taking it to a dealer first for service (just did one 2 months ago)? Or is it something I can fix and reset myself because I can't find anything abnormal with the car now? Handbook says that ECS is purely to do with emissions and doesn't look to affect the driving of my car though of course the exhaust is not something I want to be breathing!!

Thanks in advance.

lutch

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VX Berlina Wagon
Thanks I'll let you know how I get on. It happend last month once. This week four times now. The engine cranks but no fuel and you can smell the lean mixture. Leave it sit for 10mins try and start again it might splutter and nearly start. Then back to just turning over and not starting. It just gives the same 2 codes everytime and check engine light comes on. My car is a wagon so I hope the tank removal is not a pain in the butt.

For all interested I finally got this fixed. Turned out to be the connector to the fuel pump/sender unit. Dealership was great!! I had brought the car in numerous times but everytime they had it no problem would occur. I sympathize with them in the fact that you can't fix what does not look broken. Eventually the car would not start at all and got towed to dealership. They did some investigation and found the issue was the connector and loom was crushed causing a short and my error codes as in the previous posts. They replaced the loom and pump/sender unit all under warranty. Lets now hope it lasts.

Sautokill

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Storm Ute V6
I have a VF Ute manual V6, when I start the car with the clutch fully in if I touch the accelerator the handbrake will release, anyone else find this?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I have a VF Ute manual V6, when I start the car with the clutch fully in if I touch the accelerator the handbrake will release, anyone else find this?
That's how it is designed to release.

Feris43

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan Navara
Anyone else got an issue where the auto wipers go on when the auto headlights activate? It only does one swipe but is very annoying