Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV Ute Tub Liner

menace364

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
I wanted to Raptor mine so I pealed back a side and realised it was just not going to happen on my budget.
Yeah thats what im afraid of, just seeing those pics on the other post of the Maloo

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It's a real shame they went this way with the VE. The tub liners look like arse. I stuck down carpet on mine to help things to stop sliding around. Given the VE is more of a sports ute than a work ute, like earlier models were it would have been so good to be able to remove the ugly black thing and make it look nice.

This was my old ute.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
If there are no cover panels in for the holes it’s not rocket science to make some.

The VU-VZ had panels and I dressed mine up with nutserts and hex head m5 bolts.

You could easily make a template from cardboard, cut some simple alloy with a grinder and power file. Nutserts. M5 bolts or similar.

Cover the fabbed plates with some black stretch carpet from CarBuilders.

Would not break anyone’s bank or exceed a skill set to do that.

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I think it would take a lot of skill to make it look good Fu. Covering the sides with carpet would also look pretty average. The go would be if someone with some skill could fab up panels that actually look like they should be there and sell them to us VE owners.

menace364

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
It's a real shame they went this way with the VE. The tub liners look like arse. I stuck down carpet on mine to help things to stop sliding around. Given the VE is more of a sports ute than a work ute, like earlier models were it would have been so good to be able to remove the ugly black thing and make it look nice.

This was my old ute.
Im still thinking ill take my liner out, seems to be rattly and lose, I've only had this VE for a few months and sick of the liner, certainly leave the hardcover on though... Btw, im a sheetmetal worker by trade so will post what i end up doing

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'd be interested to see what you come up with. I personally don't think flat pieces of sheet will look very good. If you see the panels I posted of my VR they have some sort of dye press that makes them look like they are meant to be there. If you can get the same look then I think it would look pretty good. I'd also just use stainless self drilling screws as that would look nicer than nutserts and bolts.