Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Dash Swap Over

ovk08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V6 omega 5.0 vk calais
Hi i have a VE 9.5 omega sportswagon. I have bought a basically complete dash out of a SS and I was wondering if anybody has changed it over into a omega. Does anybody know if it's a plug and play kinda thing, Or if it can even be done. I tried to change the radio over and it came up with a message on screen basically saying there was a mismatch of something. (Cant remember the rest). I can get access to a tech 2 computer if need be.

Thanks in advance. Any help is appreciated.

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV, LH Torana / LSA / VE E3 HSV interior
radio will need to be programmed to your car.. tech 2 cant do.... cluster will have a error in both setup and vin number which tech 2 wont be able to program either so will need to be custom programmed as well.... you will need to keep your bcm..and immobiliser and sdm modules...

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
Tech2 should be able to do it if you buy a 2 day TIS pass for $55 so you have approval.

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
good luck with tech 2 doing it ROFL - why do you think Holden send it away - if you knew how to use the tech2 as a programming tool and SPS then you would understand why I say it wont doit - but hey spend the $55...

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
From my very limited knowledge of tech2, it won't be able to set the kms on the odo reading for starters. (Unless the cluster is brand spanking new).

I have heard that setting the Vin number for the cluster using tech 2 is a right royal pain in the bum.

I would probably say if the head unit is just a ss series 1 model, then the amount of effort in getting the head unit working probably isn't worth the effort.
(With the price of series 1 colour lcd headunits and to a lesser extent IQ units in eBay at the moment, I would be looking to upgrade to one of these instead.)

If you wanted fit the cluster cheaply, just swap the needles and fascia over, and change the led col ours and your omega cluster will look just like the ss cluster, without the trouble of programming.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
setting vin numbers in devices with a tech 2 requires using SPS (TIS) - when doing this it uses the VIN to download the correct software for that exact car... now if the part being fitted to that exact car is not the same part number (both part number and internal software hardware number) then the device will fail programming as tech 2 will not allow it or if you get past this stafe and it allows you to program you may ruin the device by putting the incorrect software into it.

ovk08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Okay so I won't be doing that change over then. I'll chuck it all on ebay. The radio is a stacka and mp3 thats why I wanted to change it over but then because of the dash light color difference I thought I may aswell change the lot. Ebay here it comes. Thanks guy's.

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
Okay so I won't be doing that change over then. I'll chuck it all on ebay. The radio is a stacka and mp3 thats why I wanted to change it over but then because of the dash light color difference I thought I may aswell change the lot. Ebay here it comes. Thanks guy's.

Hey man I have swapped nearly every interior part in my VE over, Paste the ebay link Im keen to see this and may buy it possibly

ovk08

Reaction score
Members Ride
this is a picture of it

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 713

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride