Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Vs V8 mounts? Are they the same?

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
Hey Y'all!

After my Alloytec finally decided to give up the ghost , I've decided to do a complete swap-over to a reconditioned engine. Now, Whilst I did a little googling, I noticed that the engine mounts for a V8 and V6 look pretty damn similar. I also noticed that there are upgraded (i.e, more solid) mount options for a V8, but not for a V6, despite both sets of mounts looking pretty damn similar.

I also ask because SuperPro offer a Urethane mount which shares an identical part number for both V6 and V8 versions... Which strikes me as both confused and curious.

So, I was wondering, is there any key differences in the ways in which a V6 and V8 mounts in a VE, and if there isn't much difference, reckon a set of Tuff mounts would work for a V6 application? It's for science. Otherwise, I'll probably go with the SuperPro Urethane mounts.

Xbeyna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6lt l98
The super pro mounts are for ve & vf v8s only. They are excellent with there lifetime warranty even if used on track. Wouldn't recommend for the v6. Just get the Mackay mounts from your local. Burson store.