Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traumatic being Traumatic

pushingMACH8

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VK Calais
Calling out to the Trauma gods...

Trimatic making a clunking noise when turning corners or when backing off throttle. Its so loud when turning corners that it sounds like a tailshaft hitting the tunnel. I jacked the rear up to freespin the wheels in neutral and it sounds like something is rattling around inside. Can't tell if it's in the pan or not.
Trans fluid level is good.

Seems to still select gears and drive. Have I broken a tooth off a gear? Something else come loose? Can I fix this or is it done?

What's your best bet before I drop this sucker out?

Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series II Ute
Drop the pan and filter and see if it collecting wet clutch material. It’ll look like flakes of cardboard jammed up in the filter.

When it does this it not only makes the changes grabby, it cuts off flow to the pump. It will simply confirm you’re up for a recon unit.

pushingMACH8

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VK Calais
Drop the pan and filter and see if it collecting wet clutch material. It’ll look like flakes of cardboard jammed up in the filter.

When it does this it not only makes the changes grabby, it cuts off flow to the pump. It will simply confirm you’re up for a recon unit.
Roger that.

It selects Reverse smoothly. 1,2 and D it slams into gear.
It's got rego mid week so hopefully it lasts until then. Then I'll drop the pan.