Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transformation Thread - How have you changed?

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Good work man!

Goal for this month, dont get smashed and eat out! Your doing good though man!

Also, how far are the runs in the morning?

kinng

Really depends what I did the day before. Tuesday Thursday are my PT days and more often than not I can barely walk the next day so its a simple 30 minute quick walk/very light jog and lots of stretching along the way.

Every other day, I usually aim for 30 minutes and Ive been covering just under 3km thats also including me cutting through the school and using the playground equipment for some pushups and some dips. On weekends I dont have a tight morning schedule and have been going for much longer. Last weekend I did 6km each morning. Felt absolutely rooted after it though.

My schedule is:

Monday: Morning jog, evening weights.
Tuesday: Morning jog, evening PT (usually leg day).
Wednesday: Morning walk/light jog, evening weights.
Thursday: Morning jog, evening boxing.
Friday: Morning walk/light jog and evening jog.
Saturday: Morning extended jog (sometimes go with my PT somewhere) afternoon weights.
Sunday: Morning extended and evening jog.

Kinng

CrippleFK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
Man, Im proud of you Grennan!

It shows that the determination pulls through!

Yeah, I understand with the Pt thing haha.

Before I hurt my knee, I did a legs day at the gym, was sore as. Came home all sweet and that. Next morning, get up at 3:30 to open the gates, put a foot out of bed, nearly die haha. Sore stuff haha.

3km is impressive man!
6km is just sensational man! I'd be rooted after 4 haha.

Kinng

soslowbro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais
What inspired you to start training?

Was bullied a lot as a fatty in my younger years. Got over that very quickly. Main reason though; Children's hospital had made an appointment for me to see a dietician at the age of 16, I had 8 months until the appointment, as my heart (I'm also a heart patient) was struggling to cope with a height of 5'5 and 95kg. My goal was to be the first person to have that appointment cancelled.

What did you do to transform/change?

All the basics. No bread, no sugar, no soft drink, smaller meals, no snacking, no lollies, no biscuits etc (i'm a sweet tooth by nature). Began weight training every night in my room, long sessions with more of a high heart rate focus than a muscle building focus.

What are your future goals?

From where I am now, which is backwards from where I was at one point, is to get my body stronger, my core stronger and my overall physique tighter and get my RHR down to under 60.

Stats before and stats after your change?

Before I began my initial journey, I'm unsure of my measurements, however I was 95kg at 16 years of age. On my 18th birthday (3 years ago), I weighted 70kg, my body fat percentage was under 10, I had 38cm arms and a 100cm chest, with a 77cm waist.

Currently, I'm abit beefier due to infrequency of training through a slacker diet, working odd shifts and studying full time. sitting at 74kg, 34cm arms, 84cm waist, 96cm chest, bodyfat is 15%.

Hoping to get my body back down to where I once had it. Just finding that I am struggling to train the way I used to. I can put on muscle easily, but I struggle to lose weight now without a strict routine unfortunately. Any advice would be appreciated. Will put some pictures up in the next day or two.

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Really depends what I did the day before. Tuesday Thursday are my PT days and more often than not I can barely walk the next day so its a simple 30 minute quick walk/very light jog and lots of stretching along the way.

Every other day, I usually aim for 30 minutes and Ive been covering just under 3km thats also including me cutting through the school and using the playground equipment for some pushups and some dips. On weekends I dont have a tight morning schedule and have been going for much longer. Last weekend I did 6km each morning. Felt absolutely rooted after it though.

My schedule is:

Monday: Morning jog, evening weights.
Tuesday: Morning jog, evening PT (usually leg day).
Wednesday: Morning walk/light jog, evening weights.
Thursday: Morning jog, evening boxing.
Friday: Morning walk/light jog and evening jog.
Saturday: Morning extended jog (sometimes go with my PT somewhere) afternoon weights.
Sunday: Morning extended and evening jog.

Hey Grennan

Your transformation has been awesome. Your an inspiration to more people than you know.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Hey Grennan

Your transformation has been awesome. Your an inspiration to more people than you know.

Thanks heaps :) Its the comments that keep me going. Ive been feeling really unmotivated lately. Ive been trying not to go out. If I go out with mates, ill drink. So I just take that temptation away. But ive become quite distanced from the world and I start wondering why am I doing this? But comments like that and looking back at those pictures make me keep going.

Ill have to put a picture up this month. I got my next measurement and weigh in on Tuesday.

I was scratching my upper arm the other day so my sleeve was kinda up, in front of my friend and shes just like holy **** your arms are tank now. My arms, shoulders, and back have become really defined.

Been doing a lot more cardio/core work lately with my trainer, really trying to drop some of the belly fat/tone that area up.

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Thanks heaps :) Its the comments that keep me going. Ive been feeling really unmotivated lately. Ive been trying not to go out. If I go out with mates, ill drink. So I just take that temptation away. But ive become quite distanced from the world and I start wondering why am I doing this? But comments like that and looking back at those pictures make me keep going.

Ill have to put a picture up this month. I got my next measurement and weigh in on Tuesday.

I was scratching my upper arm the other day so my sleeve was kinda up, in front of my friend and shes just like holy **** your arms are tank now. My arms, shoulders, and back have become really defined.

Been doing a lot more cardio/core work lately with my trainer, really trying to drop some of the belly fat/tone that area up.

Just so you know I have lost a bit myself, I was 145KG or so and I just weighed in at 110KG on saturday morning. I will probably put my progress up in the other thread. In my position I have the wife dreams are made of and an awesome family. I looked at myself and realized if I didn't do something I would be in a box 6ft under.

I know it is hard, I have lost my weight through several stages, and like you struggled with food and my brain screaming at me for junkfood, especially after dinner. If your friends are not supportive, then I would try and get them to understand your needs, maybe they don't know just how much you need this.

I wish I lived closer to a bunch of you guys while going through the losses, would make it much easier and I am sure you guys would cain me more than me doing it all by myself. As I said though, your awesome, no other way to put it, and in the end you will become more confident and happy in yourself, I know I have (even though I do have a little to go).

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Just so you know I have lost a bit myself, I was 145KG or so and I just weighed in at 110KG on saturday morning. I will probably put my progress up in the other thread. In my position I have the wife dreams are made of and an awesome family. I looked at myself and realized if I didn't do something I would be in a box 6ft under.

I know it is hard, I have lost my weight through several stages, and like you struggled with food and my brain screaming at me for junkfood, especially after dinner. If your friends are not supportive, then I would try and get them to understand your needs, maybe they don't know just how much you need this.

I wish I lived closer to a bunch of you guys while going through the losses, would make it much easier and I am sure you guys would cain me more than me doing it all by myself. As I said though, your awesome, no other way to put it, and in the end you will become more confident and happy in yourself, I know I have (even though I do have a little to go).

Good work bud.

End of the day, that's what this section of the forum is for. For telling our stories of our journey to fitness/aesthetics/fat loss/muscle gain etc. We all can motivate each other and as I can see that is happening, its great.

Alot of us VIC boys are now very involved in health/fitness/losing weight and a few of us more into bodybuilding. Just keep contributing in this area of the forum bud, hopefully you can pick up some knowledge from us and maybe teach us a few things and inspire others with your success story.

This is a lifestyle change, to be healthier, fitter, leaner and or bulkier. Not just a crash fad diet to lose weight and continue binge eating what you want.

:)

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
What inspired you to start training? - A crappy, horrible marathon. Aimed for 4hrs, blew up at 25km mark, didn't recover, ended up with a 4:09:37. 87kg is just too much weight to cart around for 26 miles, 385 yards. Affects speed at shorter distances too.

What did you do to transform/change? - Have decided to abstain from the following - alcohol, sugary soft drinks, all chocolate/lollies, anything crumbed/fried, creamy sauces, all cakes/muffin/pastries, all potato chips/muesli bars/biscuits, and all processed meats. Reduce general carbs, butter, processed food and diet soft drinks. Going to start weights again on the upper body just to tone things up a bit. Not going to count calories, but will simply eat 3 moderate size healthy meals each day and only fruit and coffee between meals. Continue with running program, culminating in a 80km week a fortnight out from 2013 Canberra Marathon. Will reassess after Canberra.

What are your future goals? - Weight 75kg, BF% sub 15%, sub 4hr Marathon (eventually sub 3:30), 1:35 half marathon, 60 min C2S, 45 min 10k, 20 min 5k. Current PBs are 4:09, 1:45, 68:50, 47:30, 24:00 (est) respectively.

Stats before and stats after your change? Before: Weight 86.7kg, BF% 20.5, Chest 102.2cm, Waist 85.2cm, Hip 100cm, Thigh 62.5cm. After - ??????

IMG_0532.jpg.html

This is me at the 38-39km mark of the marathon just gone. Strapping on my arm is for a bicep I pulled working on the VB. As you can see, I am not very happy.

Uh-oh went a bit skew-whiff after Canberra, 2 weeks of traveling got my weight up to 90.8. No crying over spilled milk. Back into it. Now at 88.9.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
not me, but one of the best transformations

tumblr_inline_mlunc4bZXo1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mluncc5ryW1qz4rgp.jpg