Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Topdon ArtiDiag 800BT

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I found a few great reviews on these.
They retail for around $500 and will do nearly all functions of the Tech2 used by Holden.

They also do most vehicles with Falcons and Commodores covered without having to buy extra software. It comes with that stuff already. Unlike the Vident i400au that requires extra software and costs to add just one extra vehicle.

I bought my Vident i400 for a good price but now they are comparable to the Topdon 800BT. No competition as to which is the better choice.

I found a review of a similar Topdon model by Paul Danner as well. He looks upon them favourably.

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
Just can't afford to have another one!

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
vehicle coverage, for early commodores choose eg vl
can only read and clear engine codes on early commodores

Last edited:

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
Good to see that its got its own rechargeable power source.
I would have thought that a Tec2
or Vident loaded with Holden specific diagnostic software would have been better than a multi purpose unit. Wrong again and as
mentioned no extra charges for alternative vehicles.
Anyone want to buy a Vident Ha ha.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
800bt
VN no coverage
Vp no coverage
VR no coverage
VS commodore can only read data, read codes and delete codes from engine and transmission
this is from their website, so reality may be different

boombaby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ii
800bt
VN no coverage
Vp no coverage
VR no coverage
VS commodore can only read data, read codes and delete codes from engine and transmission
this is from their website, so reality may be different
Hello, All!
It could be a problem. If you do a search for model/year on their website it shows that you cannot get a scanner model for a Commodore earlier than 2014. (That possibly means you cannot do OBD1 for Topdon at all.)
Further to that, I emailed them today (it is urgent for me) about their 600. "No go!". Looks like it's only OBD2.
So I emailed back and pointed out that their website shows the 800BT as being "...OBD1/OBD2..." capable.
They responded that, for my car VT (2000), their 800BT will NOT do the job.
They also have (strongly) recommended to me, the Autel MK808S https://premium-diagnostics.com.au/...gnostic-scan-tool?_pos=1&_sid=e9413a73e&_ss=r for the job. (Not in my price range. I'm driving a VT for crying out loud!)
Funny, but it seems you can get an OBD2 code-scanner for under $100 - yet an OBD1 for an older vehicle - which needs ALL the help it can get - is nearly up to a thousand! (And that's IF you can find one)
P.S. I know about the TazzI one, but I'm not considering it at the moment. I simply do NOT use Windows.
If anyone has some knowledge and expertise on an OBD1 (or OBD1/OBD2) scanner/reset at a modest value (pensioner) then please speak up. It is a bit urgent for me at the moment.

jays2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
So could I ask for some help here please? We have acquired a 2002 VY wagon & a 2003 VY Ute , both with various issues so we need a scan tool, hopefully not too expensive. Would the Vident i400au be a good choice for my home mechanic partner? And would it work with an iPhone? Do I need extra software? App? Completely new to this so any help advice greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jay & Jay

PS.
Update:
Now that I have read thru some info on azscanner website & I think this is what we’re after. Unfortunately out of stock atm on order ..
Thanks

Last edited: