Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

To Older Members

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
Is there a way to make any new comer's first post stand out, either a different colour or a second post in a seperate area. this way when they put up there first post all the old members can have a look and see if they can give any help. Sometimes the heading is not what they want to know etc.

It would also be nice to welcome them aboard and if someone answears their question (even if you just say Hi and have no idea what they need to fix the problem) it would make them feel a bit more "at home" and make the good will all worth it.

I have just been looking and some of these first questions get left for a long time.

Thanks Guy's, all the best GUY.

R

Robbie

Geez this man is a thinker...

I think it's a good idea.... it is very hard coming in here and being scared to ask a dumb question... Popping it in a second area to make sure it gets a reply would be good..

Robbie

Locksmiff

Reaction score
Also, how bout the first post ever from a new member, NOT be a for sale.

R

Robbie

True.. That stops people using the site simply to sell stuff. On another forum, "Performance Forums", you have to be a member for atleat 3 months before you can post in the for sale section...

MuNtEd

Reaction score
In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
yes yes i agree
i sure alot of people who come here are first time car owners
and are not sure on wat some parts of a car are called
if we all put are heads together i'm sure we could help everyone...

but i would say it should happen for say the first 10-15 posts that a new user makes that way he or she is noticed...

this should not include areas like The Pub and where posts are not counted as posts...

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
I do think that the use of the sale area should not be a first post option. Sorry.

Regards Guy.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
i agree with all of the above.....i dont think there is a way for new users posts to stand out but the 3 month rule should apply to the for sale forums.....

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Good suggestions guys, I will add this to my list of things to do

I am trying very hard to learn a bit of PHP so I can make my own scripts but that will take sometime to learn one would imagine.

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Your a hero darren, god knows I don't have the paitence to sit around and make things like this work!

Mike.

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
All praise to you Darren.....you do a fantastic job and I think everyone should apprciate what you do and how much time you put farward here....

Congrates Mate...Guy.