Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'm surprised people fall for the gimmicks on the packaging of flour and think that the Lighthouse Flour is something unique. I buy the cheapest flour I can ger at the supermarket and add 2% gluten. Pack of gluten is about $6 and will strengthen 50kg of cheap flour. I don't know what the Lighthouse 1kg pack costs but I believe it's something like twice the price of Four Roses cheap flour.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Based on policies they have already stated they will enact in their first 100 days and the advice of economists on what those policies will do economically.

They really have no new ideas from the Previous John Key National government from 6 years ago, just tweaked those policies a bit and over those 9 years they basically ended up borrowing money to pay for those tax cuts which lead to cuts in services, hospitals, policing and education etc. They also increased GST after saying they wouldn't.

...and then held a referendum on changing the flag, a huge waste of money much like your voice referendum. Doesn't bode well does it?
At least the flag drama supposedly cost only $25m - a twentieth of the Voice cost. (Yes, I know things have gone up).
I was back and forth to the country during that time and saw the various flags flying in people's yards across Auckland and through the Hauraki Plains.
Across the ditch here, we're hearing that the new govt has said that investment in NZ infrastructure by Chinese money will be loosened up i.e. welcomed.
Sounds like some other Pacific nations.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
At least the flag drama supposedly cost only $25m - a twentieth of the Voice cost. (Yes, I know things have gone up).
I was back and forth to the country during that time and saw the various flags flying in people's yards across Auckland and through the Hauraki Plains.
Across the ditch here, we're hearing that the new govt has said that investment in NZ infrastructure by Chinese money will be loosened up i.e. welcomed.
Sounds like some other Pacific nations.

That is a real possibility, National has sucked the Chinese cock for years and Key (the previous PM) openly advocates for it. The Nats selling us out to the Chinese is a real possibility and when Luxon was questioned about it he wouldn't rule it out.

Scary thought ehh.

People voted for change but whether that change is going to be for the better is really questionable.

gokiwi64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ HSV Clubsport
Yup as a Kiwi that has been away from "home" for 35 years my return has not at all been what I expected and I may even consider going back to the UK as this country is screwed big time. Its always the same a few feckless pricks get to screw over an entire country to suit their own personal agenda's. Doesnt matter who or what you vote for - all politicians are liars, theives, cheats and corrupt its just how they sell it .

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
annoying - people who do not update addresses after they move.

I have as much as I can sent via email where possible, and therefore most of the contents in the letterbox weekly is addressed to someone else. It's been 6 months now, only 2 names match the old owners (based on the sales contract) and there are at least 5 different names I have noticed so far.

Plus an early morning visit from 3 members of SAPOL the other week...... update your bloody address you twats.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
And you want to go back to the UK where politicians are selected based on what private school they went to, or whether or not they have a title?

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
One of the big ones in that list are the 3 waters policy. It was deeply unpopular mostly because of the co-governance portions of the policy but if you ignored the hype and bluster and had a good look at the policy you'd understand it was actually needed. When they kill those reforms that cost will end up been paid by rate payers to local councils and rates are projected to rise $1000's of dollars. My water rates went up 9.5% a few months ago, council rates went up 7% and with the 3 waters been axed we are looking at another 10-20% increase in water costs next year. It's not quite so bad for Aucklanders as we have been investing in water services upgrades for a few years now but for smaller councils that need to spend billions on old and tired water infrastructure the costs per rate payer will be astronomical or the old infrastructure simply won't be fixed/replaced.

This, can't swim at Auckland beaches or eat any shelfish or seafood caught there because of raw sewerage pouring into one harbour at thousand liters per second due to hundred year old infrastucture wrecked by climatic storms (one sinkhole). Don't drink the water in Queenstown, New Zealand's premium tourist spot, the authorityies there still haven't found the source of the fecal parasites in their water supply either. I haven't forgot yet about the 5,000 sick and 3 dead in Havelock North, poisoned by water contaminated with ruminant fecal matter in 2016, under the John Key National Party Government's watch. The whole reason Labour's piss-poorly miscomunicated Three Waters saga was launched.

100per.jpg

PURE BULLSHIT

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
annoying - people who do not update addresses after they move.

I have as much as I can sent via email where possible, and therefore most of the contents in the letterbox weekly is addressed to someone else. It's been 6 months now, only 2 names match the old owners (based on the sales contract) and there are at least 5 different names I have noticed so far.

Plus an early morning visit from 3 members of SAPOL the other week...... update your bloody address you twats.
If SAPOL were looking for me I wouldn't update my address either :)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
This, can't swim at Auckland beaches or eat any shelfish or seafood caught there because of raw sewerage pouring into one harbour at thousand liters per second due to hundred year old infrastucture wrecked by climatic storms (one sinkhole). Don't drink the water in Queenstown, New Zealand's premium tourist spot, the authorityies there still haven't found the source of the fecal parasites in their water supply either. I haven't forgot yet about the 5,000 sick and 3 dead in Havelock North, poisoned by water contaminated with ruminant fecal matter in 2016, under the John Key National Party Government's watch. The whole reason Labour's piss-poorly miscomunicated Three Waters saga was launched.

View attachment 259005
PURE BULLSHIT
Indeed. It seems the voting public have very short memories.

Sadly the investment needed won't eventuate in the next 3 years and things will get worse except for probably Auckland were we are a long way into fixing some of these issues.

A certain minister should have had her ass kicked for not explaining what 3 waters was all about. Communicating policies and reasoning was one thing Labour failed miserably at.

I was actually thinking about this last night, we are now paying for water for 3 people in the house what we were paying for 4 people 2 years ago. So realistically it's been almost a 25% increase in just over 2 years.

It's a bit annoying that we have no where around the house to put water tanks because that would be the way to go to reduce your water costs these days.