Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that make you go .... "Hmmm ? "

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
A bit different to the "piss-off" anf "gobsmacked" threads. Just things that confuse and bewilder you without ruining your day.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Went shopping this morning for Her, and as I don't mind Rocklea Road chocolate, though that I might blow some of my $22 tax credit.
$5 for a 145g block, or $14 for a 290g block ........ do the maths o_O. So, I bought 3 blocks of 145g at $5 each. Not on 'special' either.
Mentioned it to the checkout chook about price disparity, and she couldn't work out what I was on about.
Gave up, "Thank you" and left, feeling good about my purchase and how mathematically savvy I am.

Filled the ute with petrol on the way home, and mentioned to the attendant that it must be school holidays as the price of fuel had gone up ..... $2.09 for 91 unleaded.
She looked surprised and replied that they are the cheapest in the area. I agreed, but said it was 15c more expensive than 2 days previously when I filled another car, and that another servo 10km away had 98 for $2.52, most expensive I had seen for a while.
She said that she had not noticed the price increase, and I asked why, as she is sitting there taking payments with the details in front of her. She was not offended or angry, just did not understand what I was on about , again.

"Thank you" and left, wondering why do I bother to talk to people when I only confuse them with basics.
I blame my school-teachers, my age, gender confusion, cost of living crisis, climate change, and Monty Python.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Went shopping this morning for Her, and as I don't mind Rocklea Road chocolate, though that I might blow some of my $22 tax credit.
$5 for a 145g block, or $14 for a 290g block ........ do the maths o_O. So, I bought 3 blocks of 145g at $5 each. Not on 'special' either.
Mentioned it to the checkout chook about price disparity, and she couldn't work out what I was on about.
Gave up, "Thank you" and left, feeling good about my purchase and how mathematically savvy I am.

Filled the ute with petrol on the way home, and mentioned to the attendant that it must be school holidays as the price of fuel had gone up ..... $2.09 for 91 unleaded.
She looked surprised and replied that they are the cheapest in the area. I agreed, but said it was 15c more expensive than 2 days previously when I filled another car, and that another servo 10km away had 98 for $2.52, most expensive I had seen for a while.
She said that she had not noticed the price increase, and I asked why, as she is sitting there taking payments with the details in front of her. She was not offended or angry, just did not understand what I was on about , again.

"Thank you" and left, wondering why do I bother to talk to people when I only confuse them with basics.
I blame my school-teachers, my age, gender confusion, cost of living crisis, climate change, and Monty Python.
You stop noticing these things when that is your environment. Or you become hyper aware.

this morning I stopped to fill up with diesel and the road sign said $1.98, I noticed the pump was $2.01. Then I realised they have 2 diesel prices on the road sign but all of the pumps I could see were all diesel premium ($2.01) so don’t know where the $1.98 stuff pumps from…….

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
A bit different to the "piss-off" anf "gobsmacked" threads. Just things that confuse and bewilder you without ruining your day.

Aussies :)

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Drove through Raymond Terrace yesterday.
What was a Caltex servo, is now a 'U-Go' unmanned, self-serve, pay at the pump outlet. Dunno when that was changed, and never seen that brand before.
Prices, depending on octane, were 20c > 30c less than other servos in the area, as 98 ranges from about $2.30 > $ 2.50 at the other well-known brands currently.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Young kids at work...

Ask me car questions then tell me I'm wrong....no worries.

They have no trade qualifications & never built or worked on cars
Do you ask them what is the "right answer"? ;)
Then laugh your head of? If its hilariously funny?;):)