Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Man Shake.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Man shake is a money spinning gimmick

Maintaining a healthy weight is lifestyle not diet

Some light exercise and limiting what you stick in your head is all that is required

Small serves of healthy food, read: fresh protiens and fresh vegetables is what you need

Need a snack? Boil some eggs, eat a apple, have some oats

Oh, and will power, you need will power

If you don't have the will power to make permanent lifestyle changes, no fad diet supplement will help you

For a healthy and delicious shake, blend cup of skim milk, table spoon of oats, table spoon of phylum husks, tea spoon of cacau and a table spoon of peanut butter, if your doing alot of strength training, add a couple of egg whites or a scoop of protein powder

Fibre is what gives you the full feeling and cleans out your gut

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Well I used to smoke about 6 years ago I gave that up and I've nearly cut all sugar out of my diet bar beer and the occasional sugary drink at work but I drink mostly water at work. So I think I have enough will power.

On the topic of shakes being a gimmick or not all I can say is if it helps and I or others actually loose weight doing it how is that a bad thing? Maybe the will power is in the shake?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
It's only your money, it doesn't bother me one bit.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Thanks.
I don't have the space for exercise machines but I'm trying to get work on the weekends doing roofing with a friend. Between that and work (if we're busy) I should get enough exercise.
I used to be built as working in concrete repairs when I was 18. Jack hammering and wheeling wheelbarrows full of old concrete kept me ripped lol.

I bought a exercise machine for my other half to help with her rehab from a stroke....It is 50 cm long and 25 cm high....She uses it for leg exercises as it is like a bike...It can also be used for arm exercises however she has next to no movement in one arm.

It cost me a massive $30 2 1/2 years ago from big w.....So if you look there are exercise machines which are easily stored out of the way.

Weight lost is achieved by exercise and diet.....Exercise being the main component....You can drink this stuff until it comes out your ears, but if you sit on your butt staring at some screen, you ain't going to loose weight

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Well I used to smoke about 6 years ago I gave that up and I've nearly cut all sugar out of my diet bar beer and the occasional sugary drink at work but I drink mostly water at work. So I think I have enough will power.

On the topic of shakes being a gimmick or not all I can say is if it helps and I or others actually loose weight doing it how is that a bad thing? Maybe the will power is in the shake?

Gimmick.....Drink until your hearts content, but if you sit on your butt doing nothing else, you ain't going to drop weight

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
The man shake is okay but like all of these types of things it relies on you, it's not magic. You gotta eat less and eat less ****. Grog is a shocker sadly.

I am personally a fan of bulk nutrients meal replacements but thats only for breakfast. Raw veggies for lunch and a solid rice, bean (chickpea and lentil) and veggie dinner with added fish or chicken twice a week. Then bulk nutrients protein for post workout. Lots of water. Dropped 8kg of fat and replaced it with 6kg of muscle over 3 months. Now it's just become my normal diet. Haven't felt or slept this good in years and the mental acuity is well up. Plus I'm throwing frisbees 130m+ :)

For weight loss in my experience it's 80% diet and 20% exercise. Eating for pleasure is your greatest enemy

https://www.bulknutrients.com.au/products/total-meal-replacement/

https://www.bulknutrients.com.au/products/protein-matrix/

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
No need for exercise or diet. Back in the 70's or thereabout there was an international middle distance runner of Dutch extraction from New Zealand named Dick Quax. It was suggested at the time if you want to become an international athlete pull yourself until your dick quacks. Hope this helps.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Bulk nutrients is on point for products and price

No real gimmicks, just solid products at a reasonable price