Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Great Air Fryer Thread

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
With KFC I find it's easiest to cut out the middle man and simply flush it straight down the loo. KFC, the meal you regret even before you eat it (except for the chips and gravy).

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
With KFC I find it's easiest to cut out the middle man and simply flush it straight down the loo. KFC, the meal you regret even before you eat it (except for the chips and gravy).
KFC makes a great laxative...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

The chips and gravy are worse than the chicken....And the chicken ain't real good either...

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Tonights roast dinner, I over did the potatoes, i did them a bit longer when i let the meat rest. I shoulda just pulled the whole lot out.

20230413_180947.jpg

20230413_181404.jpg

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
KFC comes out of the air fryer better than when you get it at the shop. The skin is actually crispy cause it hasn’t been sitting in a hot box for half an hour before you bought it.
I have to agree, the best way to reheat KFC and pizza is with an air fryer.
@Immortality ,i can see this thread and the coffee thread running there coarse quite quickly, maybe its worth merging them and creating "The Ultimate Household Appliance's" thread, at least there won't be a need for heaps of threads for each household appliance.

Makita may not make an air fryer but they are making one of these Makita Microwave that i won't be able to stop myself from buying

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
She wanted one of those benchtop air-fryers, because the oven is slow (?), and I knew nothing about them.
Seemed a waste of money to me, so I said so at the store. Just another gadget to find room for, that achieved very little.
Nek minnit ........... I'm forking out for a new wall oven and cooktop. o_O

Well, the new oven and cooktop have been installed, and the first air-fryer experience was frozen fish'n'chips and a pie.
Went by the owners manual for time and temp, which could have been a couple of minutes longer, but a better result than I am used to with the old oven.
She is happy experimenting. Today she is cooking some sort of pie/pizza/omelette thing for lunch.

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Haven’t done a frozen pie but for cold pies I microwave it for 50 seconds to take the chill off it and slightly warm the filling then into the air fryer basket 180 for 5 minutes. Bakery fresh.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
The pie wasn't frozen when put in. It was bought frozen from a bakery, an then defrosted overnight in the fridge.
I don't think the air-fryer shelf would handle it from frozen. Likely to be burned outside and cold inside.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Frozen pies, 3:30 in the microwave, 3:00 in a preheated air fryer.