Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Cooking Thread

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
V8bbq1.JPG
V8bbq2.JPG

I'm still looking for the pic I really want...

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Yeah, You cant beat the smokey flavour. We did one over some redgum, and put the meat on when it wasnt quite all coals, and OMG the smokey flavour was so good.

Yes!! My cousin did a whole chicken and a lamb roast over redgum, it was honestly one of the nicest tasting roasts ever. It's amazing what using a different wood can do for the taste. Very highly recommended indeed to anyone who hasn't tried it.

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
One of my concoctions that I came up with the other night turned out pretty damn good.

200-300g of Pepperoni or Salami sliced into strips
2 whole spanish onions
800g of diced tomatoes
1 tbsp of paprika
1 red capsicum
1 green capsicum
flat leaf parsley
5 or 6 small chilli's (I like spicy stuff, add less or none if you're not a fan)
Penne Pasta

1. Get a hot deep fry pan with 2 or 3 tbsp of olive oil, add the pepperoni... Cook till it starts getting crispy.
2. Add diced onion until it starts going clear....
3. Add the diced tomatoes, capsicum and chilli's
4. Bring the sauce to simmer, add the chopped parsley and paprika, as well as salt + pepper to taste...
5. Reduce sauce for 20 minutes on a low heat
6. Stir in with pasta and enjoy

Easy as to cook, and it was delicious. Not sure how good it is on the ticker with the pepperoni though ;)

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
That sounds really nice man!! ^^^ I love cooked crispy pepperoni in pasta sauces. I love pepperoni full stop actually.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I've been making some pretty sweet home made pizzas lately with Pepperoni, Chorizo, Mozzarella, Home made tomato sauce, home made base, and sometimes a bit of mushroom. Never buying premade bases again.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
I've been making some pretty sweet home made pizzas lately with Pepperoni, Chorizo, Mozzarella, Home made tomato sauce, home made base, and sometimes a bit of mushroom. Never buying premade bases again.

Are you cooking the bases in the oven? Be interested to find out how yours turn out. I found the only way to get the bases tasting like they've been cooked in a pizza oven is to crank the oven up as high as it will go, use a lot of olive oil on the pan, and bake the pizza for about 10-12 mins. Comes out crispy as, although not that healthy as you're basically frying it.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Yeah in the oven, but I invested in a pizza stone, I think it's just a bit of marble or something. Crank the oven to max and let it pre-heat. I was doing a bit of oil but I generally do a bit of flour now.

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
Yeah in the oven, but I invested in a pizza stone, I think it's just a bit of marble or something. Crank the oven to max and let it pre-heat. I was doing a bit of oil but I generally do a bit of flour now.

yeah i have a marble pizza stone i only ever use flour on mine base always comes out crispy

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
If you need flavour on the cheap and there's only three things left in the cupboard my best invention is White Rice + margarine + vegemite = win