Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Super pro engine mounts?

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
The engine mounts in my VE SS are due to be replaced and was just wandering if the super pro ones are worth spending the extra on or are some standard replacements perfectly fine?

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
TBH, Engine Mounts are just Engine Mounts, they don't move, with 600kg's sitting them
[taking into account, the Trans is also pushing down on them],
Unless you have rather a heavy right foot, the stock ones should be ok.
Keeping in mind that they are hydraulic, and Stock ones I have found a very good,
where if you get the SuperPro ones may hold the engine a bit more rigid, which can transfer vibrations to the Sub Frame,
which you are trying avoid, especially if you run AFM.
I know from Past Experiences with Cheap ones, Solid Ones, so I went back to the Stock [so called Heavy Duty] ones,
And they are fine at approx $80 per pair. [Delivered] ;)

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
TBH, Engine Mounts are just Engine Mounts, they don't move, with 600kg's sitting them
[taking into account, the Trans is also pushing down on them],
Unless you have rather a heavy right foot, the stock ones should be ok.
Keeping in mind that they are hydraulic, and Stock ones I have found a very good,
where if you get the SuperPro ones may hold the engine a bit more rigid, which can transfer vibrations to the Sub Frame,
which you are trying avoid, especially if you run AFM.
I know from Past Experiences with Cheap ones, Solid Ones, so I went back to the Stock [so called Heavy Duty] ones,
And they are fine at approx $80 per pair. [Delivered] ;)
When you say stock do you mean genuine Holden? I see there’s a few aftermarket brands out there just hard to know which ones are good and which are just cheap rubbish

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
When you say stock do you mean genuine Holden? I see there’s a few aftermarket brands out there just hard to know which ones are good and which are just cheap rubbish

OEM ones will cost an arm and leg

Where they use Mackay for OEM ones.

As soon as they put it in a GM Bag, and slap a GM Part # sticker on it, it doubles.

Either the ones from eBay [I have bought a set and they were fine]
or
Mackay.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mackay-...m46ab017ab7:g:kscAAOSwO6xecJYi&frcectupt=true

I have used these, and they were fine.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/For-HOL...113270?hash=item1ef50a5276:g:UZMAAOSwHSRbvWRj

FYI:
I did notice the ones with Metal Tops are for V6's,
And the ones with Plastic Tops are for V8's.
Where some sellers may use a generic photo.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
I've used those poly bushed engine mounts before. Never again.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Mackay rubber mounts are good.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Prefer rubber for daily drivers...with Ls expect mounts to be consumable replaced every 1-2 years for 'spirited drivers'

Got cheap as chips suzukisuper items in vy handling decent amount of abuse so far but helps that I'm the idiot that has to fix whatever breaks instead of paying for labour.

Was going to try mace poly passenger side if rubber broke & keep rubber on driver's in case but rather just change busted rubber items than listen for rattles.

How hard are mounts to change on ve/f?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
ive got the tuffmounts lowered and i put a couple layers of 5mm rubber under them which takes the harshness out (also was too low as sump contacted steering)

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
How hard are mounts to change on ve/f?

You would have support the engine obviously, then lower the sub frame and possibly remove the catalytic converters because the top nut is not easy to get to.

Otherwise if you don't remove the catalytic converters, I find that with regular size socket (18mm) connected to a bendy ratchet handle you can just access it.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
On vt-vy car up on jack stands then undo 4 engine mount nuts...hook engine hoist up raise engine high as you can get it without damaging anythng.

Slide underneath jiggle old busted mounts out at angle then reverse procedure with replacements just way more struggle & swearing.

1-2 hours later done...then in shower think about paying someone else to do it next time :D