Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Summernats 36 who is here ?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Security is such a tough gig at Summernats. People are knobs and get worse after a few slushies in the sun.
Couldn’t pay me enough to do it.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Maybe they need to change up the way alcohol is sold at the event?

None in. Regulate the hours it can be consumed? Or make it an alcohol free event.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Maybe they need to change up the way alcohol is sold at the event?

None in. Regulate the hours it can be consumed? Or make it an alcohol free event.
I don’t mind the odd drink, but I’ll never understand the smooth brains that go to a car event and have to write themselves off.
We used to go to Springnats almost every year when younger, barely ever drank at the event and just hit it hard at night.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I worry for the future of Summernats. Saturday shenanigans again getting out of hand :(

Add in the crowd behaviour and it’s looking like a bit of a shitshow right now.

I have never been to Summernats, but your comments seem to be a rerun of what used to happen at Mt Panorama years ago.
Maybe those ferals 'grew up' and found a brain, as I was a bit shocked by all the oldies during my visit there last time in 2021.

By the media reports. seems the ACT Police are happy to warn drivers and spectators not to do naughty stuff, then stand back to let others try to keep control, so the end result will be "It's all too hard, future events are cancelled."

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
We left as the afp where rolling in, missed out on the action .
Must admit there a lot of dickheads here this year, but they have mainly stayed in skid rown and on the barriers for the cruise so we have just stayed away lol sitting at the hotel wondering whether we even go today

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I don’t mind the odd drink, but I’ll never understand the smooth brains that go to (name any) event and have to write themselves off.

Fixed it for ya.

I remember years ago we were at a Metallica concert and one guy was been a absolute dick, wasted off his face and been a total tool pissing everyone one off and this was only during the pre-show. Eventually I ended up throwing him over the security barrier and security dealt with him.

**** he had a sour look on his face the next day waiting at the airport heading home. funny as ****.

Marras

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS
Watching some of the video’s on YouTube, If you look for Sydney Skids or MisFire. It looks like the crowd safety fellas might be in a little bit of trouble. I would assume by the video’s that they may be charged with assault.

Did I actually see a VF GTS in the skid comp?

Dodgy_Davo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0
Watching some of the video’s on YouTube, If you look for Sydney Skids or MisFire. It looks like the crowd safety fellas might be in a little bit of trouble. I would assume by the video’s that they may be charged with assault.

Did I actually see a VF GTS in the skid comp?
yeah watched that earlier - brawling with the punters , kicking them in the head on the ground etc

Not a good look for anyone

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Why does security always seem to be meat head islanders? Like I didn't see any de-escalation in any videos, just blokes squaring up ready for a brawl. 'Crowd safety' ..............cheap shot punches a bloke in the head.