Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Statesman Fuel tank

Condy 0

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman - WB Ute - WB Caprice - Moke
Hi All,
I have gone ahead and purchased the Caprice that was in storage. All seems to have been in fair condition and have had it running. Problem is that the fuel has sat in the tank for way too long , have now removed the Tank and it is full of junk as well as the sender unit is beyond saving. It appears that these tanks (have not even tried for a sender yet) are very rare. I have tried a couple of wreckers in Perth but with no success. Looking for help please.

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
Try rare spares Osi Park or rare parts Bentley for the sender. Why not try cleaning the tank with one of those cleaning kits like KBS. F218C0FA-CF50-4217-88DF-912EDD8A9D7F.jpeg

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The sender unit....I had one that was covered in all sorts of crap, had rust on it...I soaked it for 24 hours in INOX and it came out like brand new....A bonus is, it actually works too. The car was a Centura, so chances of finding one was slim at very best....

So before ditching the sender, spend $15 on some INOX and see how you go

Condy 0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Great thanks for the replies , very helpful.

Condy 0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey V, which INOX did you use?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Hey V, which INOX did you use?

There is only one INOX.....It's in a spray can available at most auto parts suppliers....It's an electrical cleaner

What I did was put the sender in a plastic zip lock lunch bag, sprayed the contents into the bag and placed another bag over the top, to seal it off....24 hours later, removed the sender unit from the bag and it was almost brand new looking....That was sheet, 10 years ago and the sender unit still works to this day

1658492997584.png

This is the tin I used....Still have a tin on hand for the odd occasion I need it