Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spark plugs and gaskets

bailzski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Hey all I’ve got a question regarding changing my spark plugs + gaskets.
I’m a newbie but I’ve done some research and bought spark plugs and all the tools I need to get the job done. My 08 omega has most of the spark plugs accessible except I’ll need to take the manifold off or move it to get to one on each side. My question is, is it possible to do this without having to replace the gaskets under the manifold since I have to move it? Thanks

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Yes,
But sometimes when you disturb something,
It doesn’t go back the same way,
You could use the old gaskets,
But if you get a vac leak or similar,
It could be a PITA to find,
the new intake manifold gaskets would be better, especially if they are the original ones.

bailzski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Yes,
But sometimes when you disturb something,
It doesn’t go back the same way,
You could use the old gaskets,
But if you get a vac leak or similar,
It could be a PITA to find,
the new intake manifold gaskets would be better, especially if they are the original ones.
Thanks krusing. How are the metal ones from revhigh? They’re on sale atm so might grab those if they’re good

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Rev High have a good rep and sell some good gear, I've never bought gaskets from them but what parts I have bought have been good and well priced.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Hey all I’ve got a question regarding changing my spark plugs + gaskets.
I’m a newbie but I’ve done some research and bought spark plugs and all the tools I need to get the job done. My 08 omega has most of the spark plugs accessible except I’ll need to take the manifold off or move it to get to one on each side. My question is, is it possible to do this without having to replace the gaskets under the manifold since I have to move it? Thanks

The stock gasket is generally reusable in my experience. I changed plugs twice on my old SV6 and never touched the inlet manifold gasket. Just gently lift up the manifold enough to get the job done and bolt it back down, no problems.

bailzski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Hey guys I’ve completed the spark plug change and used a new metal gasket. As a final result I am now experience a ticking noise from the device that I will provide a picture for (unsure of the part name). The noise didn’t persist beforehand

Attachments

• IMG_0773.jpeg
    IMG_0773.jpeg
    144.1 KB · Views: 30