Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So how bout that hail storm

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
We on the other side of the country havent seen rain for about 140 days now starting to get sick of every day being over 30 deg

Yeah you don't have it too good over there. My family all still live in Perth and have been complaining. When we were kids in the '60s we used to go for family drives to watch the Canning dam overflow. Hasn't overflowed since 1974 I believe. WA seems to be drying out.

Kn10

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SV6
This is by far the best video of the flooding/hail from that day that I have found. Watch it all the way to the end, it gets pretty crazy:

LiveLeak.com - AMATEUR VIDEO: Incredible Hail Storm And Flash Flood In Melbourne (March 5, 2010)

YouTube - Incredible Melbourne Hail Storm & Flash Flooding Footage (March 6, 2010) 06/03/10 <-- Youtube version of the same video if you prefer that.
we had golf balls raining down. i was out in my bike helmet pushing the car under a tree.
Ive got visions of you wearing a stackhat, mad-dashing out to the car "NOOO!! THE COMMODORE!"

Last edited:

Kn10

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SV6
Not mine, but ouch.

KmVoL.jpg

Amy aka boozey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
i was driving on the monash fwy towards the city that day, didnt hail in the area i was luckily, just very very heavy rain/storms etc - everyone was doing 70-80km/h max and people pulling over since you could barely see anything! then it was bumper to bumper as i got closer to the city with the tunnel being closed for bit and signage saying to get off at the next few exits before the tunnel. ice/slate all over the roads too. This was only a few days after i got my P's! lol good driving experience!