Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Site Upgrade 18/04/2022

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Morning All
Site upgrade has been completed this morning.

With a total of 9 revisions since the last upgrade some template work is still required which I'll hopefully work through across the day.

Quick highlight of what new things the upgrade brings although granted the bulk of backend functionality / improvements:
Redesigned rich text editor
Activity summary emails
Username change request
Support for Youtube short URLs
Embed support for public Spotify playlists

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Thanks for your continued work on keeping the forum online and looking good Darren.

Going to have to get used to some of the new layouts.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yes, things are a bit different but adding color isn’t on the main bar as it has been relegated to a sub menu so you now need two clicks before you can choose a colour.. And it’s still a PITA since links aren’t automatically coloured to blue (or something other than default black) to highlight it’s actually a link….

So after adding colour and then a link is added to highlighted text, the colour format is lost. Then trying to add colour again is near impossible because highlighting a link is well a PITA and the highlighted text is often dropped as one tries to again navigate down the submenu to the add colour palate :rolleyes:

And adding emoji’s is a three click process now… and finding the html edit page is also buried in a sub menu and listed as [ ] rather than a cog…

Yes it’s small things but, meh, not a real improvement unless you want things a little more simplified for phone users…

Im sure the back office side is better but us plebs don’t see that side. Regardless, please consider this as positive feedback and thanks for your efforts with this site :cool:

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Certainly some focus on the mobile functionality which of course I am yet to try.

Have updated the link colour I think, that has been something that been driving me crazy for ages but not actually sat down and got it working.

I do have 1 more template I need to do work with but not sure that will make a huge difference.

Scary stat though ~80% of members use a mobile device accessing the site, this hasn't altered a great deal in recent times.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Looking good Darren. Let me know if there is anything we need to test/check.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Just a heads up that notifications behaviour has changed a little.

Previously, if you has 5 new notifications and openned each in a new tab and then refreshed the page, the notifications icon wouldn’t show anything new. Now if you do the same and refresh the page, it flashes 5 new notifications which then immediately disappear.

Also, previously, once new notifications were acted on and one then logged out of the forum, these old notifications would drop from the notification list. Now the old notifications remain on the list after logging back in.

PS: this behaviour was noticed on an iPad and a windows PC.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Shorts functionality is good.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Morning All
Site upgrade has been completed this morning.

With a total of 9 revisions since the last upgrade some template work is still required which I'll hopefully work through across the day.

Quick highlight of what new things the upgrade brings although granted the bulk of backend functionality / improvements:
Redesigned rich text editor
Activity summary emails
Username change request
Support for Youtube short URLs
Embed support for public Spotify playlists
Thanks for allowing us to finally change our usernames...

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
noticing on the laptop last couple days when ever i enter the site or refresh page or go to any new thread or menu i have a alert 1 pop up for a split second where the bell is and then go away, not sure if little glitch or something, new actual alerts stay there until i click on them which is normal