Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Signature/logo With Name?

V

vsBerli

Can anyone help me, i want to post a picture with my name but i can't seem to find out how!

R

Rajah

You mean you want to have a pic in your sig? I'm going by the title of the thread.
You need to find the pic you want, host it on a website, then you can link it to your sig. Click on your username at the top of the page, then click Edit My Signature. You need to link the pic, to do that you must get the URL of the pic which you get by right-clicking the pic, scroll down to properties, copying the URL, then pasting it using tags.
So using the logo here as an example -
[img]http://forums.justcommodores.com//style_images/1/logo4.gif[/img*]
Remove the * though. It should give you this.

Then you add it to your sig. Not all pics can be linked.

Hope that helps.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
If people wish to do it like this just try and keep it to a reasonable size if possible as it is annoying for dial-up users if things take a while to load.

If you want the file hosted on JC just drop me a PM with a link and I'll make the appropriate changes to your account.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for considering us mere Dial-Up users Darren. Nothing is more annoying than opening a forums page full of 200k signitures.

Jake

R

Robbie

QUOTE (vsBerli @ Jan 15 2004, 01:55 AM) Can anyone help me, i want to post a picture with my name but i can't seem to find out how!
Do you mean a signature, or an avatar? An avatar is what is on the left hand side of your post, as my VB bottles are..

V

vsBerli

yeah thanks robbie, i thought i had a photo but it must have been for my profile, hopefully this time it works. (isn't an avatar some kind of animal?)

R

Rajah

QUOTE (Darren @ Jan 15 2004, 08:56 AM) If people wish to do it like this just try and keep it to a reasonable size if possible as it is annoying for dial-up users if things take a while to load.

Just make a rule that any pics in your sig can be no bigger than say 250X300 pixels. Depending on how a pic is uploaded, a small pic could still be over a Megabyte in size. Jpeg's are the best to use for sigs, Bitmaps can be huge files.

G

grover

QUOTE (vsBerli @ Jan 15 2004, 11:54 AM) yeah thanks robbie, i thought i had a photo but it must have been for my profile, hopefully this time it works. (isn't an avatar some kind of animal?)