Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reversing camera

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Hey , has anyone got one of those reversing cameras that fit over the rear view mirror, if so are they any good and what brand would you recommend. Thanks

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I fitted one that goes through the HU and it works quite well and was cheap and fitted in the rego plate lamp spot. Curious does your S2 SV6 not have one standard?

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I fitted one that goes through the HU and it works quite well and was cheap and fitted in the rego plate lamp spot. Curious does your S2 SV6 not have one standard?
It is for my daughter's car , she has a bit of trouble reverse parking. She will be working on a new project site and due to oh&s regulations the have to reverse park when parking on site.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If she has a double din she might be able to grab a number plate light camera on eBay pretty cheap, providing there is one available for her car.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
A Mate has one in his work car.
I've had one in previous work cars or have seen/used them in work vehicles a fair bit.
Although often they are on 100% of the time due to no rear vision from the work ute canopies.

They do a good job, but as per usual if you want to use it properly you really need the best resolution and so forth.
I think the one i had in the last work ute was a Gator branded one.
Did the job.

Personal vehicle has one that connects up to the Double Din Headunit, but because the camera is so low and offset to the side the vision behind isnt the greatest.
Have found having them mounted up higher gives a better view for reversing into spots if that helps at all.