Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Recommend me a phone

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
So im after a new phone it doesnt have to be the lastest or greatest. Probably on a plan and don't want expensive plan.

Really i don't use my phone much for internet only browsing i dont play games on it and i dont make many calls.

I have an i phone 4s currently and i dont want another i phone they really annoy me now. But there is one feature that i love and hate on the iphone and that is the ipod part. what annoys me about ipod parts is itunes ####ing hate it with a passion.

So i need a phone that has a good music/ipod type function has headphone jack as i listen to it alot at work.

Phones i've looked at on the net are the nexus 5, Galaxy S4 and the note 3.

I like the nexus downside is it telstra only plans i've found and i hate telstra i don't care how good their network is i'll never go near them again. Don't partically want to fork out 450 odd to buy one outright.

I like the note the size of screen looks appealing to me but the cons are the size. Does it fit ok in pockets? (i have big pockets in work pants) Are they a durable phone or rather fragile?

S4 looks good it cheap now the 5 is out and i guess its like a smaller version of the note and thats really the downside for me. i prefer the larger screen of the note as it would be better for browsing.

Any other options/ opinions i'm all ears

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
I heard the Nokia 3315's are pretty good

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
get the galaxy s5 , sony have a good mp3 player sound good.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I have a Note 3. Zippy phone. Every one goes on about how big it is but it is fine for me and I really enjoy the screen size. I have a case on it as well which increases bulk but it still fits in my standard business work pants fine. Battery life is pretty good but you can easily upgrade it anyway. Mine lasts me about a week and that's me checking facebook and forums between jobs a bit.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 and I have been very happy with that. Which means I would definitely recommend the S5. My mum just bought a new iPhone 5S and she is very happy with it and says it's really easy to use. Just depends what you like.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I heard the Nokia 3315's are pretty good
Yeah cool does it support mp3 i havent had a nokia since that 3315 i had ten years ago....

I have a Note 3. Zippy phone. Every one goes on about how big it is but it is fine for me and I really enjoy the screen size. I have a case on it as well which increases bulk but it still fits in my standard business work pants fine. Battery life is pretty good but you can easily upgrade it anyway. Mine lasts me about a week and that's me checking facebook and forums between jobs a bit.

Thats good to hear if it fits in a pocket good then im pretty keen plans i've look at it seems good value to. Atm i charging i phone at least once a day sometime twice (####s knows why it uses so much battery sometimes).

how easy is it to copy music to and from it can you drag n drop in windows?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Drag and drop. Simple as. Quick crappy pic 4 vs Note 3

hj50ylQ.jpg

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
yeah i like the bigger screen

Can someone tell me whats better about the s5 they cost a bit more than a note3?

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
i have an iphone 5. looking to upgrade in the next couple of months.

not going back to iphone after originally having a android phone, like pub said. itunes is full of ****.

would the galaxy S5 be the way to go?