Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear wiper

Dunc1967

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 1 International Sportwagon
I have a 2010 VE Series 1 International Sportwagon. When I use the tailgate touchpad, sometimes the rear wiper turns on. I've also noticed that the touchpad itself is loose.
Any ideas on how to stop the wiper from turning on and do I access the touchpad by taking of tailgate door card?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Magic wand is the only way to fix it without taking anything apart.

A good chance the loom somewhere near the boot between the body and the lid is chaffed.

It could also be just behind where the lock etc is.

Remove the boot card/panel to find out more.

Dunc1967

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks Fu Manchu.
That will give me something to do tomorrow.

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
Mine used to do this as well. I'm pretty sure it's the original touchpad setup, as I have since installed a button and it has not happened since. The touchpads in these vehicles wear badly and become next to useless, they get very wet (either rain or washing) and don't shed it.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride

Dunc1967

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mine used to do this as well. I'm pretty sure it's the original touchpad setup, as I have since installed a button and it has not happened since. The touchpads in these vehicles wear badly and become next to useless, they get very wet (either rain or washing) and don't shed it.
I have just ordered a new button type switch on ebay. Hopefully that will rectify the problem.
Thanks for your advice

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
The same style of touchpad is used in a lot of vehicles. It’s not unique to Holden.

Good call. Hope it fixes OP’s problem because the alternative fault finding isn’t easy.

Reactions: mtd

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
The same style of touchpad is used in a lot of vehicles. It’s not unique to Holden.

Good call. Hope it fixes OP’s problem because the alternative fault finding isn’t easy.
Yeah i've seen similar styles on lots of vehicles.

They are great when new. I knew mine was on the way out when it started double-clicking (unlock/lock/unlock in one action). I originally had it fixed under warranty, twice... (long time ago now) and fixed it myself, twice... then it just didn't open at all. Tore it apart and it was obvious that water stayed inside for long periods after the rubber seal got older and allowed water/moisture in. Went to Jayco and replaced the whole thing with a simple waterproof button and a bit of soldering (not hard, and i'm terrible and soldering). Works a treat and doesn't change lock/unlock process. Thank god Holden didn't build any 'smarts' into this mechanism. There were a few posts around on this subject a while ago but haven't seen many lately. I think many Sportswagons of this period now have buttons!