Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear Passenger floor flooding

natmack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon Series 2 SV6
Hey all!
I have a Holden VE SV6 Series 2 and as per usual the back floors are flooding when it rains.
I have cleaned out the drain holes under the door seal in all 4 doors, drained whatever water was in there, I have been doing this pretty regularly - at least once or twice a month and after it rains.
I am starting to become at a loss here, I cant tell if its the door seals, they look pretty in tact and in good nick. There is of course now mould growing in the car
Its been raining for a week non stop - meant to be clearning up this week so trying to get this sorted asap.
I have read and watched some youtube videos on the plastic sheeting behind the door panel itself, which ill be trying to remove and check this week also.
The roof is dry as a bone, the lining does need replacing which will be done next month.
Looking for advice from one VE to another VE owner - I know its a common issue but this is ridiculous.
Have also thought about ripping the carpet up to allow it to dry properly, but if im being 100% honest - I dont know how the F to do that.
Any advice would be appreciated!

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
check your B pillars, water would be running down them and getting to the carpet, it could be coming from the roof rack mounts.

natmack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon Series 2 SV6
Are the door seals intact, not broken? Water can get under, through the door seals & allow water into the car.
As far as I can see they all look intact and look pretty solid - theres no rips, tears or cracking either.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I just fixed my left hand rear door that had the same problem.
Remove the door card and check the plastic sheet behind it to see if it has come unstuck from the door.
You can check by spraying water on the window after removing the door card and watching where it leaks out.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I just fixed my left hand rear door that had the same problem.
Remove the door card and check the plastic sheet behind it to see if it has come unstuck from the door.
You can check by spraying water on the window after removing the door card and watching where it leaks out.
This is what l was referring to. From reading this post, l just realised l said the wrong words.

Peter Moto

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VF sv6 / VE sv6 / VZ crewman
Hey all!
I have a Holden VE SV6 Series 2 and as per usual the back floors are flooding when it rains.
I have cleaned out the drain holes under the door seal in all 4 doors, drained whatever water was in there, I have been doing this pretty regularly - at least once or twice a month and after it rains.
I am starting to become at a loss here, I cant tell if its the door seals, they look pretty in tact and in good nick. There is of course now mould growing in the car
Its been raining for a week non stop - meant to be clearning up this week so trying to get this sorted asap.
I have read and watched some youtube videos on the plastic sheeting behind the door panel itself, which ill be trying to remove and check this week also.
The roof is dry as a bone, the lining does need replacing which will be done next month.
Looking for advice from one VE to another VE owner - I know its a common issue but this is ridiculous.
Have also thought about ripping the carpet up to allow it to dry properly, but if im being 100% honest - I dont know how the F to do that.
Any advice would be appreciated!
It's the HVAC its flooding under the bonnet you have the air intake for the HVAC housing (on the fire wall) there's a cover with a drain hole and tube you have to unblock that drain hole and tube, you have to remove some of the plastic covers around the fire wall to get to it.

Peter

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
It's the HVAC its flooding under the bonnet you have the air intake for the HVAC housing (on the fire wall) there's a cover with a drain hole and tube you have to unblock that drain hole and tube, you have to remove some of the plastic covers around the fire wall to get to it.

Peter
How does the hvac affect the rear floor?

Peter Moto

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VF sv6 / VE sv6 / VZ crewman
How does the hvac affect the rear floor?
The rain water runs through the HVAC and through the rear floor vents on to the rear floor. Un block that HVAC cover under the bonnet.
Peter