Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[308] Quick question regarding main rod bearings

vkrick

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk
Got 308 block from my dad been sitting for 20 years with crank pistons fitted. Im going to use it was assembled with all good stuff plenty of lube still looks like new. My question would the weight from crank etc leave mark or indent in main and rod bearings or would they still be fine? Will end up with about 10.2:1 comp and has a old sig erson hi flow 2h cam which just going to leave be and have some fun. Not expecting anything wild but it been a long challenge to get motor as just sitting there so be good to finally finish what the old man started. Any info on bearings be great also any information on cam or what manifold you think would work well is greatly appreciated as well.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Bearings should be fine.
Pack the oil pump with vasoline to prime it.

Is the motor going into a VK?
Manual or auto?
Diff ratio?
Rego?
Heads?
Carby?
Assuming all else basically stock, stock or edlebrock performer duel plane manifold will work well.
Keep us updated.

vkrick

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk
Yeah motor will eventually go into vk its auto th350, 9inch 3.5's, club rego currently, early heads that have had a bit of work done. Carby will be whatever is required. The old man trying to find the paperwork he has for the motor then will probably have to go see someone as to anymore work for heads etc and roller rockers to suit cam not alot of information on old sig erson cam hopefully he has the cam card etc. Will be no rush vk currently has a 308 in it but it has been messed with and I think a clean start will give much better power and pleasure. Will keep updating as things come together.