Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question on HF20 Wheels

mfrancis1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais-V V8
Thank you too all those that offered the advice above. Much appreciated. And I will certainly heed that advice. Much appreciated.

mfrancis1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais-V V8
Have a look at some photos of Redlines fitted with these, in particular a lot of VF2 buyers bought them as they were pretty cheap for what they are so you may find a few VF2 photos. FE3 may sit very slightly differently to your FE1, but I think you should still get an idea.

I think they’re 8.5” front & 9” rear; what makes you think those are 9.5”? The ad’s awful for info (”wheel diameter: 9”).
Thanks - the Calais has had the suspension changed a little - I had the Walkinshaw lowering kit fitted by the dealer when I bought it.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
the original rear rims are 20 x 9 with a +57 offset.
The 9's are 3mm inboard or have 3mm less poke than the 8.5 at +48. The wider 275 tyre fills the guards a bit more.

I think Holden rim widths and offset suck anyway and perhaps the cream roof lining bloke did the wheels too!

HSV front wheels aren't bad with an 8.5 +36 and 255 tyre but the rear wheels would be much better at +45 instead of +57 to match the front. HSV 9.5" rear wheels and 275 tyre looks pretty good with a 12mm spacer for off road use of course!

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The Ebay ad shows the wheel stud holes painted but the original wheels Holden got never had the wheel centres painted. I purchased a wheel on FB market place and it had been repaired. Guy said it was beand new and never been on the car but I guess he damaged it and got it repaired. The back of the wheel was also painted but the rear rim edge wasn't. Anyway I got my money back and he is advertising it again!

mfrancis1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais-V V8
Hey All,
I found these online - the seller states they are genuine and came from a Maloo. He tried to determine by model numbers or the stampings whether these are legit or not. Would any of you be able to provide any thoughts on these?

Thanks in advance all.

Attachments

• IMG_1417.jpeg
    IMG_1417.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1423-preview.jpg
    IMG_1423-preview.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1422-preview.jpeg
    IMG_1422-preview.jpeg
    422.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1421-preview.jpeg
    IMG_1421-preview.jpeg
    454.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1420-preview.jpeg
    IMG_1420-preview.jpeg
    298.3 KB · Views: 34

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
They do have the HSV cast mark on them, plus a date code so I would wager these are more legit than the other HF20’s

Base Gen-F rims were cast, as show by the marking “DiCastAl” which is also present on genuine HF20’s (ironically, Holden advertised them as forged)

Not familiar with HSV part number so others my chime in on that

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
the marking “DiCastAl” which is also present on genuine HF20’s (ironically, Holden advertised them as forged)
Wat?!
I fell for that lie too!!

liar-o.gif

The marketing department probably “didn’t know what forged means” therefore “it was OK to claim it” …

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
They look legit.

Btw Dicastal is just manufacturer. Genuine hf20 are forged

Last edited:

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
They look legit.

Btw Distastal is just manufacturer. Genuine hf20 are forged

There you go on the manufacturer, seems DiCastAl is indeed a Chinese wheel manufacturer.

In saying that, I’m still pretty confident they are not “forged” in true sense of the word. As in big hammer smashing the blank, then machined to shape

Having seen the backside of the rims, they absolutely look cast by the finish of them. All Holden forged wheels I’ve seen (S1 Redlines, select Gen-F models) are all engraved with their manufacturing and model numbers etc, where as the cast have them cast into the spokes.

The marketing department probably “didn’t know what forged means” therefore “it was OK to claim it” …

Though most manufacturers get cute it seems with the word “forged”, using terms like flow forged. Which are more akin to casting but spun to shape.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Hey All,
I found these online - the seller states they are genuine and came from a Maloo. He tried to determine by model numbers or the stampings whether these are legit or not. Would any of you be able to provide any thoughts on these?

Thanks in advance all.
Who is the seller ? They could be resprayed