Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Post your desktop!

Joey_21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 HBD---mmmm LS1
mineeeeeeeeeeeee

Attachments

• New Picture.jpg
    New Picture.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 391

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
off topic, but looks like you guys have alot of files directly on your desktop, this slows computer performance dramatically on startup and only shortcuts should be placed on the desktop for optimum performance.

Last edited:

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
off topic, but looks like you guys have alot of files directly on your desktop, this slows computer performance dramatically and only shortcuts should be placed on the desktop for optimum performance.

better yet, just dont save files aywhere on the computer, the desktop is just another folder, how pray tell does a lot of files on the desktop slow performance? any folder with an excess amount of files on a slow computer is going to reduce load time, but theres nothing on these screenshots that makes me want to go "oh noes guys, your pc's are slow"

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
off topic, but looks like you guys have alot of files directly on your desktop, this slows computer performance dramatically and only shortcuts should be placed on the desktop for optimum performance.

your computer knowledge is fail.

No.

aZk.

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
The desktop is a folder, everytime your pc boots up it loads the desktop.

Whats faster to load 20kb of shortcuts or a music folder worth 500 megabytes?

Come on think about it.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
i am thinking about it... if you dont open the folder... it doesnt load anything but the memeory address to the music folder.

The desktop is a giant shortcut to "C:\Documents and Settings\"user"\desktop"

When the computer boots its loads the contents of that folder in that it shows the files.. if you have a folder of 500gb of music, it will load the "folder" address to memeory and should you actually double click it, then, and only then, will it open the actual music. Its not like the computer loads all 500gb of music just incase you want to open it.

a "folder" is just a shortcut in reality.

you could have a 1tb hard drive full of music, all of it in a folder called "music" on your desktop, you could have only 10gb left of HDD space on your computer... and it will run just about as qucik as a drive not full of music... data doesnt slow computers down.. applications do. Its all about memeory.

gah, i grow weary of trying to prove my point.

aZk.