Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Peter Brock Has Passed...

V3N0M

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 magna exec
i got my VH going around the same time he had the accident.. it just wouldnt start.. then out of the blue it did.. because of this i am going to rebuild it in tribute to peter brock. long live the legend.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I remember as a kid of about 5 or 6, watching him on TV, and i was in NZ when he was doing some rally and i got so excited that i was hearing the sound of his exhaust...the famous peter brock from the TV....then when we used to drive around i used to pretend that i was peter and used to practice my gear shifts and tight turns around the windy roads....the guy was a legend and inspired me and others so much.

Peter was my driving idol growing up and still is. The skill with which he drove, the way he could put the car where he wanted it, when he wanted it, in my eyes he could do no wrong...and now he's gone....
:( :( :(

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
what a true legand, never got to meet him but wish i could of, has always been a idol to me and someone i wish i could of met but fait seems like i wont be able to and now im left mourning a true legand
RIP peter brock

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
i am numb
cant fkn believe it
a mate at work lost his 26 year old wife on wednesday too
god i need a drink

ROb

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
This is upsetting alot of the young guys that haven't had the time to know really know the man, which just proves what a great man he was, to reach out to people even as his racing was finishing up. But for the older guys like me that grew up as toddlers and primary school kids watching Brocky drive Toranas and scribbling 05 and Brocky rules! all over our pencil cases and rulers at school it's almost beyond comprehension. He wasn't as interested in cars as most people think, he had another side, he was happy on his farm and a very good artist.

He also often talked about having a mental conflict with racing cars, knowing that cars are one of the major things that ruin the enviroment and he was also a big greeny and a stout believer in being a vegan vegetarian to help him be on top of his game and be the best he could be, mentally and physically he really looked after himself. But he happened to be a very good race car driver and enjoyed the racing so that's what he did continued to do to help him achive the other things he wanted. I watched him for years and years and decades on tv and still clearly remember the first time I ever saw him crash and that was in a Commodore going over the top of the mountain, he lost it and put it backwards and sideways in the fence. I was shocked then to see him make a geniune driving mistake and that and it also upset Brock, you could see in his eyes how dissapointed he was to put a car in the wall that was the moment when he decided it was time to retire soon.

That's how good he was. These days all the good drivers crash all the time, it's just part of game. back in Brock and Moffats day, if you spun out or touched another car that was a failure, it wasn't good enough. I have alot of respect for anyone that pushes themself to be that perfect. I just can't help feel he should have been at home on his farm and given up the racing back when he knew he should have as he was allways careful with everything to make sure it was safe, but his name and mission will live on in the hundreds of thousands or even millions like me that looked up to him

lieos

what ford i didnt see it
Reaction score
i cant believe it only couple of months ago i was shaking hands with him and talkin to him at my apprentice of the year night and now he's gone R.I.P Brocky u will be sadly missed

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
i had the pleasure of spending a day with the man, he knew just about everything about everything....there will never be anyone better on and off the track than peter brock
***RIP #05***

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
R.I.P. Brocky, this will be forever remembered as one of the sadest days in australian motorsports history. i know in my heart and mind the legend will live on...