Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opinions on which car to buy for $15k to 20k

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
hey guys,
as the title says, in the near future i am looking to purchase something for between 15 and 20k.
Looking at either a vx clubby or ss. Not particular cars just tossing up between the two in general. Any ideas and opinions would be appreciated. Or if you have an opinion on something else to buy go ahead. Looking for a LS1.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
You don't need two threads.

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
You don't need two threads.

his other post was made nearly 2 weeks before.. no need to say that kind of stuff mate.

now you sound exactly like me i had 15k sitting in my bank and wanted a vt or vx clubby.. but upon months of searching never founf what i liked.. so i looked at vy's and found the perfect one.. lowish kms lady driver imac condition for 25k so i got a 10k loan and brought it... best decision i have ever made. sure you can spent money on cheaper cars to out handle and stuff.. but u can never say "i have an r8/clubby" because you dont..
spend that little extra on finding what you want and love you will thank youself later.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
his other post was made nearly 2 weeks before.. no need to say that kind of stuff mate.

His post from 2 weeks ago was just 2 threads under this one, on the same page, with the same topic name basically, if i noticed it that easily you don't need two, simple as that.

But, you could go a VX SS 6 spd manual, a decent one for $15,000. or a VY SS.

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
yeah, am basically looking for something with a 5.7 and factory lsd diff. Want something with some power and something that can skid if i want it to. lol

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Are you looking at buying it stock and making it ur own? Or letting someone else do the work for you then reap what ever rewards that may be?

If your looking at doing something up I would say got the VX SS if you want to do it up right away (ie within the month/fortnight), if you dont mind waiting a while to put on a zorst an other mods i have seen '05 VZ SS's go between 18k-21k an they go nice, but if you want some small mods done already (becoz you dont want to by a car thats already been thrashed an thats why their sellin it with their massive list of mods) then I would keep an eye out for some VY SS's with small mods like only OTR an Exhaust stuff like that, I have seen them go for $15k-$18k...

Really I suppose its all up to your own opinion on what you want to do.. mod now, or mod later.. also I know some ppl cannot stand the look of the VXs so... that might make ur decision all the more easier..

DrZ

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
Are you looking at buying it stock and making it ur own? Or letting someone else do the work for you then reap what ever rewards that may be?

If your looking at doing something up I would say got the VX SS if you want to do it up right away (ie within the month/fortnight), if you dont mind waiting a while to put on a zorst an other mods i have seen '05 VZ SS's go between 18k-21k an they go nice, but if you want some small mods done already (becoz you dont want to by a car thats already been thrashed an thats why their sellin it with their massive list of mods) then I would keep an eye out for some VY SS's with small mods like only OTR an Exhaust stuff like that, I have seen them go for $15k-$18k...

Really I suppose its all up to your own opinion on what you want to do.. mod now, or mod later.. also I know some ppl cannot stand the look of the VXs so... that might make ur decision all the more easier..

DrZ
something someone has already done up would be good. But however im not after something that has been thrashed. I wouldnt mind spending a bit on mods myself and even look at forced induction. To put a long story short. I want something that has been modded but not thrashed. Although I realise the chances of getting something like that are very slim