Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opinions On Where Large Cars Are Going

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
1991_Vn2nV said:
Theres other countries paying alot more than we are. Our petrol goes up because the world price for petrol goes up. If petrol is worth $60US a barrel, they aint gonna sell it here for $40US a barrel are they?

Understand the point you make but I think it was identified recently that world prices went down but our pump prices went up - just at the same time as a public holiday.

We know it, Govt's know it and oil companies know it - petrol is a cartel and everyone turns a blind eye - its a disgrace but all we can do is moan about it.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
9C1pack said:
My feelings are that Holden will be very lucky if the VE does not close them down!
A billion dollars has been quoted as what it cost to develop the VE, with the public turning their nose up at large cars with large fuel consumptions. Will there be enough buyers, I doubt it.
Look at Mitsubishi's 380, they have already released a series 2 and cut the price, to to try and get them moving.

The VE is a worldwide platform, Holden woint just be making cars for OZ but for the Middle east where petrol is ludecriusly cheap.
Ford's new large car's and suv's will be going LHD/RHD so it can be exported to more than South Africa and Thiland.

But whats scary is the corolla seeling almost 6000 units last month to beat the Commodore (bout 5300Units).

9C1pack

Reaction score
"Sold more Corollas than Commodores"
Thats what I was refering to, when I said "will there be enough people who will buy the VE".
Hopefully Holden will do some thing like a offer a smaller size V6 with a twin turbo so that the VE will appeal to people who want economy but power in reserve.