Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

One Tonner Fuel Problem

J

jarrod

After finally hearing back from Holden, due to a bit of hassling, i got an answer. They told me that my fuel gauge doesn't have a problem. Its ok when the gauge reads as follows:-1st Quarter 160k's.
2nd Quarter 140k's
3rd Quarter 70k's.
4th Quarter 70k's.
Also when it says empty i can only put 45-47 litres. Even though "it has a usable 64 litres in the tank"! Did i miss something, a 68 litre tank has a "usable" 64 litres but can only get around 45 litres!

If anyone happens to know anyone with a VY one tonner 6 or 8 series I or II can you see how there's is going and let me know. Im going to gaive the local dealer a visit and have a chat because this is a bit wrong. I had a VS II ute and it had a 55 litre tank and when it said empty i could get 53 litres in it. And it didn't have all the "technology" of the new one. :b:

C

Camotec

I would start looking to another Holden Dealer. reporting the fuel wrong is not normal.

Cheers
Ben

MrBond-007

Reaction score
My mate with a VY S1 Tonner has had it back for numerous problems (over $7k on warraty so far!), one of which was both the sender and guage were faulty.

Have you considered running it dry? ie throw a jerry can on the back to get you back to the nearest servo, then you can figure out exactly how much you can put in from dead empty.