Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OBDSync - Holden Programming Software

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
OBDSync - Programming Made Easy

Home_screen.png

What is OBDSync?
OBDSync has been created between myself (Envyous Customs) and a colleague, it allows reading/clearing faults and reprogramming various Holden/GM vehicle modules.
The programming feature allows performing various tasks including:
  • Replacing modules and programming vehicle specific calibrations​
  • VIN Security Linking​
  • Enabling and disabling factory options​
  • Custom features programming​
  • Performing module and sensor relearns​
The OBDSync Suite comes with a OBDSync scan tool which seamlessly integrates with the Windows PC softare to allow performing all the same programming abilities that I have offered for over 10+years. This is the same software I use on a daily basis for reprogramming every single part that is sent in, and it is now available to everyone.

For more information about OBDSync and purchasing, please see the OBDSync Suite Product Page.

What Vehicles and Options does it Support?
We have a detailed list on our websites product page: https://obdsync.com/product/obdsync-suite/
At this time, we are putting our focus in the Holden VE/VF Commodores, Chevrolet Caprice PPV, Chevrolet SS and Holden Colorado RG. We will be moving through the Holden range including older Holdens in due time after we have completed adding in support for all modules in our current target vehicles.

What does it Cost?
This application is token based, where each module per vehicle has its own token cost. A detailed breakdown of each module token requirement is available on the product page.

Want to see a demonstration? Check out the video below
OBDSync demonstration
[YOUTUBE]0bqiww5QFuE[/YOUTUBE]

Have a question or suggestion?
No problem! Feel free to comment here or send a message through to OBDSync.

Torqueup

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX,VY,VZ,C6 Z06
Haven't seen you post this anywhere else yet. Very nice.

I might need to touch base about the VZ EBCM programming options soon. ;-)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Getting the 6Lxxe working on VZ, with tap shift working, and numbers on screen has blown a few minds.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Do I get to request any changes to VZ SS throttle operation? Allowing a change so any pedal can be used rather than a specific SS pedal at $2k each? And bypassing the need to use an after market adaptor module for it?

Torqueup

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX,VY,VZ,C6 Z06
Do I get to request any changes to VZ SS throttle operation? Allowing a change so any pedal can be used rather than a specific SS pedal at $2k each? And bypassing the need to use an after market adaptor module for it?
Don't think thats something that Jason's program can do. That'll be the ECU tune & TAC calibration. I know Justin @ Ultimate Wiring Harnesses has made something up for the vz ls1 pedals.

Reactions: Lex

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Don't think thats something that Jason's program can do. That'll be the ECU tune & TAC calibration. I know Justin @ Ultimate Wiring Harnesses has made something up for the vz ls1 pedals.
Yes he has and the answer is sufficient to satisfy my questioning mind. Adaptor module it will be. Justin is a clever cookie.

Reactions: Lex

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
Very interested when VT to VZ stuff available

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Haven't seen you post this anywhere else yet. Very nice.

I might need to touch base about the VZ EBCM programming options soon. ;-)
This is something we are looking into. Were you just looking at customizing options in your ABS (EBCM) module?

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute

This is something I started working with an update to the TAC, but came to my attention that the work I was doing was likely going to be ripped off as there was no way to protect the update without alot more work.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Game changer, can't wait to try this on my VE.

I was about to resort to buying an MDI module as no dealers want to do calibration updates anymore now Holdens gone, but I couldn't justify the $400 odd for a chinese knockoff with questionable reviews.

I've got a tech2 but unfortunately the late series 2's no longer support serial passthrough for updates, so that was no longer an option.

Last edited: