Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mysterious knob and button

davebest

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Commodore VZ SV6
Hello all,

Bought my commodore from an old guy couple weeks ago, there is a mysterious wheel that turns like the volume knob except its not. There's a Nokia phone holder and blueant call system in the car and think it could be related to that but still was interested if it was something else. Wiring just goes straight back through a Crack in the dash. There's also a button inside the wheel that is missing but can still be pressed. If you have any ideas or know what it is please let me know.

Cheers,
David

Attachments

• 20240311_220518.jpg
    20240311_220518.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 45

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Hello all,

Bought my commodore from an old guy couple weeks ago, there is a mysterious wheel that turns like the volume knob except its not. There's a Nokia phone holder and blueant call system in the car and think it could be related to that but still was interested if it was something else. Wiring just goes straight back through a Crack in the dash. There's also a button inside the wheel that is missing but can still be pressed. If you have any ideas or know what it is please let me know.

Cheers,
David
You press it and it notifies the previous owner of your location so he can come to your house and look in through the windows.

lurking-creepyguy.gif

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride

wildfiremaint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS , 2007 Subaru LIBERTY Wagon
Yes , Thats a Nokia answer/call/volume button. It should plug into the Nokia box wherever it is along with speaker and microphone.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
On the left side of the centre console behind the trims, (at about the level of the seat) there is a factory harness plug for this very system. If you want it gone, that is where it will be plugged in to.

Last edited: