Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Vc Wagon.....

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well i'm making a start round here, got a garage to sort & a container to empty but im getting there. Just got the Vr wagon for my tank & diff in the drive to strip plus the vp behind it, will pull the V6 within the next couple of weeks maybe sooner so i can dump the shell.
Green wagons just getting fixed for sale - anyways got the front of the Vc on stands & starting to drop the crossmember etc out of that, got the drivers side inner guard area to smooth & get ready for paint. Got that new stonetray for the front so going to cut that old bent one off soon, will finish plateing that rust in the lower sills at the same time. Feels good to have her back in the shed so i can get some work done on her.....

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well an update of sorts, got the storage container emptied yesterday & sorted the garage out so time to start some work. Got the petrol tank out of the Vr i'm gutting & the diff as well so going to waterblast those after then find a spot to store them, got to get rid of the wreck pretty quick the mrs is about to linch me from the walnut tree :s
Finally after hunting for over 2 years i got a real tidy back seat for the wagon to, scored it for $50 so i'm rapt. Sure keen to finally get this old girl back on the road.....

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Bloody hot here at pres but been doing a bit, sitting in front of a fan sorting the diff lol. Bought 5 litres of chassis black this morning, paint shop reckons it's real good stuff. Wasnt going to go to this extent but might as well as i plan on keeping her, just going to chuck a coat or 2 under the back of her for now. Paint the tank etc & bolt her back together, diffs starting to look good.
Will chuck in a pick of my cluster idea to but not sure on it yet, thinking if i flat black it all to tie it in it might do for now but undecided as yet. I'll keep the progress pics coming anyways lol

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
If i get the time over the summer i'll get the covers off this old girl & get some work done on it, havent touched her in probably a year now. Get the last of the rust plated up & finish the engine bay & i'll get a motor n trans in there, never been in a hurry with this but i think that shows lol

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
So been having a good think about things over the last couple of weeks & have decided to finish this one as an RB30 & Auto which its still setup for & put it on the market when finished. Will keep this thread updated as i go, bought another Vc with a really solid body so were going to drop all the v6 gear i've collected into that & keep that one.
Few decisions to be made yet on the final outcome on both wagons, might end up putting a Vc front back on this & convert the other as i've bought a brand new stone tray & brand new headlights & indicators for the Vh front, lot to figure out but will get all sorted. Dead set this isnt going to be sold as an unfinished project & end up scrapped - i'll finish her then find a good home for her i hope.....

ve safari

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR, VE SV6
Great thread, keep the posts coming. Would make sense to finish this one as an RB and put the V6 into your keeper project...

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Great thread, keep the posts coming. Would make sense to finish this one as an RB and put the V6 into your keeper project...

Yeah that was the thought, come to far on this to pull it all to bits & change it all over. Just looking for a donor Vl at present, getting harder to find over here & the prices have sure risen even for pigs. Got plenty of time so no rush, only need running gear i've got everything else here to finish this old girl right down to the paint...

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well have so far bought an Rb30 for this & got another vl rolling body for the front crossmember & diff, sposed to have a transmission driveshaft bolts & radiator coming at easter so hopefully i can finally get her together. Want to get both these Vc's on the road by years end, this one will be on the market when finished......

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well plans are being made to get this old girl fired up soon, just picked up a Vl with a genuine 67k on the speedo. Everythings here now to get this back on the road where it belongs so going to put a hold on the v6 one for a bit & hook into this, even thinking of selling my daily so i can get it legal so watch this space :rockon:

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Finally got this old girl out of the other carport yesterday & back into the garage so work can commence getting this finished, just tackled a major piece of that puzzle this morning that i've been putting off for so long. Passenger side lower sill area, pulled finger this morning & got stuck in. The outers almost finished & the inner want take long just been a bit of panel steel to suit, once thats done weld up the cracks under the front seats all vc's have then the interior can go back in :beer chug: