Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My time capsule

RACE5L

Solid cammed
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 355
Very neat. Exactly how the first Commodore I ever saw looked ;)

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L

I reckon they look fine.......even still, worth having as a fairly rare factory set.
Would do if it was a VC. Those over riders are VC items, not VB ones.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Well my console is out of a VH lol......how are the VB/VC accessory overriders different from eachother?

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L

See how the bumper rubber is cut to fit in the over rider. Also bolts to the front and rear bumper brackets. Lastly the VB over riders are smaller.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think the accessory overriders are different from the standard ones. The SLE have those bolt into bumper ones for they were standard and would require a new rubbing strip, base model accessory ones don't require the cutting of the rubbing strip, they clap over the top. VB getting ready for a show tomorrow, will check my parts catalogue to see who's right ;)

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Nope, the accessory overiders in VBs are the same as i posted. Hence why they are called VB over riders.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Checked the parts catalogue, you could get both bolt on and clamp on for both VB and VC, VB and VC are different part numbers so i'll take your word for it ;)

Still it's as close as i'll get. VB-VC overriders very hard to come by these days, especially as a full matching set.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Tell me about it. I got a spare set for my VB, for free. But took me ages to see any out there!.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
I've got a pair of Front over-riders VB ones, and a pair of rears if i remember correctly. In the shed. I didn't bother putting them on my car because It didn't really suit the car with the other stuff i had done.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB goes into tomorrow to get a dent taken out of rear passenger door. Had a deep, sharp door ding that was attempted to be taken out via PDR with limited success (metal stretched too much). Normally you could leave it but...it's a trophy winning car, rest of body is basically mint, sticks out like dogs balls. Guy does good work for not a lot of money. Just as well, I am moving in a bit over a week to a new town; new town has only 2 panelbeaters, one of which (the better of the two, apparently) is up for sale because the owner died suddenly. Anyway I have got in touch with the car clubs in the new town, so there'll be more car-clubbing adventures on the horizon for the VB.

New place has massive garage for plenty of space to work on. Restorers paradise. With more $$$ I have even considered getting another project. New place is a small town with not that much to do.........

Today I replace one of the top chrome mouldings (drivers door), it was badly dented. Went on surprisingly easy. Which worries me.