Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

Status
Not open for further replies.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
distance to empty is based on the estimated fuel left in tank and current driving style, it will vary greatly depending on these variables, on the side note of tank volume to gauge volume i have adjusted mine in the tune file as the top half always went slower then the bottom half so i done a fill and mapped it out every 5 liters and now its more even usage across the tank

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I find that too, that you get more miles from the first half than I do the second half.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I usually play ‘guess the number of litres’ when filling up, so I’m working off the fuel gauge reading. I can usually guess the ‘litres to full’ within a couple of litres most of the time
Snap.

I do the same with the same result.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if u have done a reset for the usage then look at the liters used and compare that to what u fill up to, they should be very close, if it says u used 55L from full then u should be real close to that filling up

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Don't think I have that option? I have average mileage and that's all I think?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
distance to empty is based on the estimated fuel left in tank and current driving style, it will vary greatly depending on these variables, on the side note of tank volume to gauge volume i have adjusted mine in the tune file as the top half always went slower then the bottom half so i done a fill and mapped it out every 5 liters and now its more even usage across the tank
Seems like GM/H quality control is at its normal standard since tank volume linearity isn’t correlated correctly on the gauge (be it by old school sender winding nonlinearity or more smartly in firmware which can also cater for fuel slosh but Holden CBFed?).

End result seems that what drivers are presented is inaccurate where mileage can‘t be cross checked against fuel gauge increments (1/8 & 1/4) and odometer/trip meter… Sad in this modern day and age…

Good effort in you fixing some of Holdens shortcomings :cool:

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Snap.

I do the same with the same result.

The other thing I have noticed is that the ‘low fuel warning’ kicks in right on 10 litres remaining in the tank. So, a 62~63 litre fill up (to full) if refilling immediately after the ‘low fuel’ warning.

I’ve been pretty impressed with the accuracy of the fuel gauge system, but I also expect that it was deteriorate with time as the sensors wear.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Seems like GM/H quality control is at its normal standard since tank volume linearity isn’t correlated correctly on the gauge (be it by old school sender winding nonlinearity or more smartly in firmware which can also cater for fuel slosh but Holden CBFed?).

End result seems that what drivers are presented is inaccurate where mileage can‘t be cross checked against fuel gauge increments (1/8 & 1/4) and odometer/trip meter… Sad in this modern day and age…

Good effort in you fixing some of Holdens shortcomings :cool:

I suspect that ‘empty’ is about 10L remaining, so the fuel pump can pick up that fuel? So, the 73L tank is probably treated as a 63L tank for the driver information display?

If I factor in that 10L, the information in the DIC seems to be spot on.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I’ve been pretty impressed with the accuracy of the fuel gauge system, but I also expect that it was deteriorate with time as the sensors wear.
Doubt the accuracy or inaccuracy of, for example, the 1/8 portions of the fuel gauge would deteriorate as the sensor ages. Either the sensor will work and provide a resistance or it won’t.

Really the accuracy or inaccuracy is inherent in the firmware design which compensates the reading taken from the variable resistor…

Status
Not open for further replies.