Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

Status
Not open for further replies.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The one I posted is an SSV pedal and it has a matching pair if manual or single matching one if auto.

P

Pauldw500

Is that your pedal in the vid. If yes I think it's been swapped out. Although someone with HSV knowledge will know for sure.
That wouldn't surprise me, and hey could be the problem?... altho from what I've read the same is used on a few vehicles...

Mine is prob off an Audi A4... :rolleyes: :p

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Executive
Oh and here's a giggle....

This is the car with seriously half the disco lights removed. The car had neons underneath and all sorts of blinking stuff lol

I have 2 remotes and none seem to do anything. I'd like to swap the side lights to the same colour.... :D the white LEDs behind the grill I kinda like so will leave them for now. Only a cut of a cable join and a few cable ties cut and its gone so no rush, it looks good at night, quite subtle really.

View attachment 235727

Back of the car had a crazy effort that lit up left with left indicator, same on right and lit up like a Christmas tree with brake lights lmao

Gone...
My commodore has a few aftermarket fancy bulbs, some cheap Chinese bulbs for the low beams and the passengers low beam has a seizure once the cars warmed up (my car is a project car so it’s not road legal yet) but the dash has a few fancy bulbs that are different to any other commodore E.x. The over speed /you are going too slow light is dark blue.

P

Pauldw500

I had a look on the web for the fault code and ls3. There are many posts references a service bulletin ‘PIP3089B’ that indicates that there are issues with the terminal crimps or the harness having intermittent connections near the throttle body. Part of the diagnostic process is the wiggle the harness and see if the code appears.

e.g. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3909073-stupid-p2135-code.html
Oh and as much as I'd love it to be this. I've read the bulletin and its all happening at the connector or 3 to 4 inches back from it. I've replaced the connector with this...

Screenshot_20220523-225656_eBay.jpg

So now has a brand new connector...

Screenshot_20220523-225723_Gallery.jpg

:confused:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
the HSV had the sports pedals with the different grip, its the actual pedal not a clip on thing
I thought that might have been the case. OP before hacking into anything else might pay to try the SH base pedant see if it fixes the issue. If it does it would be worth getting an original SSV new one and getting the car back to what it should have been.
I believe the brake and clutch pedal pads are removable, whereas the accelerator pedal is one unit.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
I thought that might have been the case. OP before hacking into anything else might pay to try the SH base pedant see if it fixes the issue. If it does it would be worth getting an original SSV new one and getting the car back to what it should have been.
I believe the brake and clutch pedal pads are removable, whereas the accelerator pedal is one unit.
yea should all be a matching pair, the pedal, throttle controller and throttle body all have to be matched, maby the standard style pedal is a little different to the hsv pedal causing intermittent issues

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Given that the acell pedal has been swapped out it may even be the cause of the issue. It could well be faulty. Paul I think you need a new brake pedal pad too going by the photo. I can see what looks like the original one behind, but it may be butchered now.

Status
Not open for further replies.