Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I get your drift regarding the two jobs. I like the idea of early starts = early finishing and the type of work, although it may get a bit monotonous after a while, (you know, like once you've done one, you've done em all). But hey, van + fuel + outdoor working which I like personally, and working on your own which also would be a bonus for some. Downside could be a little iffy, working up and down ladders, maybe?

Second option. Yeah, the commute would give me the sh1ts and that's not a good start to anyone's day.
You would probably find that the same things will get damaged/broken continuously if your working in students rooms and that can get tedious. Yeah, young hot Tottie to perve on is a bonus, emphasis on perve only though:). I reckon the missus would more likely ‘come across’ wink wink (can't do the emoji sh1t) when your home earlier and you're a happy man.

Just my take. Good luck:)

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
I get your drift regarding the two jobs. I like the idea of early starts = early finishing and the type of work, although it may get a bit monotonous after a while, (you know, like once you've done one, you've done em all). But hey, van + fuel + outdoor working which I like personally, and working on your own which also would be a bonus for some. Downside could be a little iffy, working up and down ladders, maybe?

Second option. Yeah, the commute would give me the sh1ts and that's not a good start to anyone's day.
You would probably find that the same things will get damaged/broken continuously if your working in students rooms and that can get tedious. Yeah, young hot Tottie to perve on is a bonus, emphasis on perve only though:). I reckon the missus would more likely ‘come across’ wink wink (can't do the emoji sh1t) when your home earlier and you're a happy man.

Just my take. Good luck:)
Thanks for the opinion, backing up my own thoughts tbh, altho with the 2nd I'll commute on the bike so traffic isn't an issue BUT we are heading towards Winter. OK Winter here is nothing like Winters back in Blighty but it's still cold in the morning, I remember it well doing a 45 min commute starting at 5am a few years ago, didn't like it. A van has a heater... :D

Here waiting outside for my 9.30 interview. Half hour early cos I'm a girly swat... :D

Last edited:

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Back paying off my balancer and working on the Ranger, swapping out the power steering pump and I turn up and he's removed the harmonic balancer to get the belt off...:oops:

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Back paying off my balancer and working on the Ranger, swapping out the power steering pump and I turn up and he's removed the harmonic balancer to get the belt off...:oops:
WTF!

Doesn't the business owner tell him anything?

Last edited:

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
I have been paid for my 2 days work...

Screenshot_20240510_171543_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240510_171605_Gallery.jpg

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Did he give you one, that has been beefed up?
I think so. I did tell him that down the track I *might* wanna put a better cam in and what not so he did say he'd look after me. I'll ask Mr Asian man to ask him. He may of just used my old bits but he did say he'd replace seals and stuff. Either way I was quoted $2100 for one of these so I'm totally stoked with the result. Who knows what I'm doing over the weekend... :D

I start the shutter and door job Monday morning, other one I didn't get the best vibes plus they said they had more ppl to interview, and a start wouldn't be for 3 or 4 weeks so in early Monday morning to finally start earning again... :)

Wife's taking me out for a meal now and a few drinks, even said she'll give me $10 for the pokies... bless her...lol

Its been an awesome day and my spirits have lifted tenfold... :)

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I think so. I did tell him that down the track I *might* wanna put a better cam in and what not so he did say he'd look after me. I'll ask Mr Asian man to ask him. He may of just used my old bits but he did say he'd replace seals and stuff. Either way I was quoted $2100 for one of these so I'm totally stoked with the result. Who knows what I'm doing over the weekend... :D

I start the shutter and door job Monday morning, other one I didn't get the best vibes plus they said they had more ppl to interview, and a start wouldn't be for 3 or 4 weeks so in early Monday morning to finally start earning again... :)

Wife's taking me out for a meal now and a few drinks, even said she'll give me $10 for the pokies... bless her...lol

Its been an awesome day and my spirits have lifted tenfold... :)
Good to hear about the spirits (non alcoholic ;) ), the job, the tc.
Now don't f#ck em up! Especially the t/c.

Did the Asian man tell you how to fill the transmission or did you learn to fill a transmission on the job?