Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
THIS CLOSE!!!!.... THIS CLOSE to rolling the car down the hill and burning it at the bottom...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

AGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!.... why DO I do this to myself...

All day. All day trying to get the TM back on... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Input shalf seal less than 5 mins. Pop out the circlip, pop out old seal, new one slipped straight in, circlip back and done dusted. Main seal plate piece of piss too. New flex plate on and new bolts in.

Man I did EVERYTHING to get the bastard thing on. With hindsight I should've ditched the jack and did like last time and just get the bastard in place and lower or raise the car to align it. No I wanted the jack to work so I'd get the TM under the car and as soon as I tried to lift it the bastard would fall off the jack, or the piece of wood it was sitting on. After all day I finally got it all lined up and got 1 bolt in the bottom. Went to other side and the bastard flex plate was against the bell housing. At first I thought I'd been sent the wrong plate, but I dunno I *think* I might've put the flex plate on back to front but have thrown the towel on the car till the weekend now. REAL demoralising spending all day on sommit to get nowhere by the end of the day. First thought the flex plate wasn't the right one but compared with the only pic I have of the old one in situ I dunno if right, wrong, on the right way, or on the piss.

So yeah. All good here I think...

Screenshot_20240502_171951_Gallery.jpg

And this is the new FP...

Screenshot_20240502_171541_Gallery.jpg

And only pic I have of the old one. The old one had a cross on it I put to show which way it went on. Threw it in the bin which got collected yesterday... :rolleyes:

Screenshot_20240502_171518_Gallery.jpg

Kinda looks the same but I dunno any more.

Vodka and pot for me now. Really wanted the get at least the TM in today but no it's back sitting on the floor in the garage... :confused:

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
THIS CLOSE!!!!.... THIS CLOSE to rolling the car down the hill and burning it at the bottom...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Input shalf seal less than 5 mins. Pop out the circlip, pop out old seal, new one slipped straight in, circlip back and done dusted. Main seal plate piece of piss too. New flex plate on and new bolts in.

Man I did EVERYTHING to get the bastard thing on. With hindsight I should've ditched the jack and did like last time and just get the bastard in place and lower or raise the car to align it. No I wanted the jack to work so I'd get the TM under the car and as soon as I tried to lift it the bastard would fall off the jack, or the piece of wood it was sitting on. After all day I finally got it all lined up and got 1 bolt in the bottom. Went to other side and the bastard flex plate was against the bell housing. At first I thought I'd been sent the wrong plate, but I dunno I *think* I might've put the flex plate on back to front but have thrown the towel on the car till the weekend now. REAL demoralising spending all day on sommit to get nowhere by the end of the day. First thought the flex plate wasn't the right one but compared with the only pic I have of the old one in situ I dunno if right, wrong, on the right way, or on the piss.

View attachment 267517

View attachment 267518

And only pic I have of the old one. The old one had a cross on it I put to show which way it went on. Threw it in the bin which got collected yesterday... :rolleyes:

View attachment 267519

Vodka and pot for me now. Really wanted the get at least the TM in today but no it's back sitting on the floor in the garage... :confused:
Is this aftermarket?

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon

View attachment 267517

View attachment 267518

View attachment 267519

Two thoughts…

Sit the starter motor back in place and see if the pinion gear on the starter lines up with the ring gear on the flex plate. It’ll give you an idea of whether it is the right flex plate or not.

Is it worthwhile trying that idea of temporarily placing a couple of studs (in place of the bolts) on the engine so you have something to help guide and hold the transmission up when it is close to going in?

(And hopefully the toque converter didn’t slide forward while manoeuvring the transmission in to place?).

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Might be a silly question but did you remember to grease both seals?

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Two thoughts…

Sit the starter motor back in place and see if the pinion gear on the starter lines up with the ring gear on the flex plate. It’ll give you an idea of whether it is the right flex plate or not.

Is it worthwhile trying that idea of temporarily placing a couple of studs (in place of the bolts) on the engine so you have something to help guide and hold the transmission up when it is close to going in?

(And hopefully the toque converter didn’t slide forward while manoeuvring the transmission in to place?).
Everything I google tells me the LS range all have the same plate. The plate I got is for LS1, 2, 3...

Nah trust me I constantly have my eye on the TC. I gently put in in place and yeah am always making sure it's home.

Next time I'll put it on the lil dolly I made. The TM sits stable on it. Yes a pain having to lower the car to it but I'll have it in in half the time I spent today. Did it that way last time and yeah took a few hours but was done. Spent prob 10 hrs today which is just stupid, but I am.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
With hindsight I should've ditched the jack and did like last time and just get the bastard in place
My platform that sits on the jack is bolted to it. I also put a ratchet strap over the trans & also have a piece of steel bolted to bellhousing so the t/c can't move
IMG20220425141025.jpg

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
I think it's on the right way?

Suggest you do what @chrisp says to ensure you've got right?
Yeah start a new job tomorrow which is very physical so will be wiped out by the time I get home. Can't see me doing anything with the car till the weekend. She's not in my good books atm....